PDA

View Full Version : Fish

Scott-300ex
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Anyone got fish tanks?

I just cleaned mine Sat. It was long overdue.

I heard Goldfish are dirty fish. Should I get rid of them? I have two. I want to keep the tank clean. I got a filter.

ZeroLogic
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
They have this one fish that eats the allergy off the sides the glass. We had a few.

honda300EXtreme
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
with only 2 fish, that filter should be good enough,,

a fish called a plecco eats algey in the tank,,

or just ditch the gold fish and grow a big ole' catfish :p

Raptor68
08-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
They have this one fish that eats the allergy off the sides the glass. We had a few.

Dude, I need to get one of those for when the pollen is bad! :D

chris46250r
08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
Dude, I need to get one of those for when the pollen is bad! :D

I heard that! I take two allergy eaters a day. Zertec fish work best for me.

Scott-300ex
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna get a Loach or 2, I hear them are really good for cleaning your tank. Its day 4 after cleaning and the filters still spotless, LoL.

08-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Anyone got fish tanks?

I just cleaned mine Sat. It was long overdue.

I heard Goldfish are dirty fish. Should I get rid of them? I have two. I want to keep the tank clean. I got a filter.

Damn...look at all those bullets.

Is this the Rambo fish I hear so much about?

Cr85rRida
08-30-2007, 08:49 AM
nice background for the tank:p

I had a 50 gallon with african cichlids but moved up to a 70 gallon bow tank, kept the cichlids, there pretty fish....i have 2 larg pleco's that keep the tank spotless.

ill get pics when i get my camera back

DVXracer
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
I have a 55 gallon with a maybe 4 Goldfish, 2 coy, and 1 huge albino catfish that likes to et all the dirt and algae. :chinese:

2004exrider
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
I'm gonna get a Loach or 2, I hear them are really good for cleaning your tank. Its day 4 after cleaning and the filters still spotless, LoL.

You'll need a water heater if you get clown loaches, i keep my tank at 78 degrees with my fish in it. I dont know where the camera is but ive recently got into aquariums and have a parrot fish, oscar, 2 tinfoil barbs, clown loach, sicilian eel, pictus cat and a black moor, its pretty cool to watch them all!

Jimmy

Scott-300ex
08-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Haha, thats just a way to decorate the tank, LoL, got any other ideas?

And yeh, my mom put construction paper on the back so I'm like, I might as well cut out 250r and have that on there, ha.

I went to PetCo and got a swordtail, and 2 other small fish. I was gonna get a loach but they didn't have any, they had the picture and price on clown loaches which look really cool but there were none in the tank, I was gonna get a plecco I guess it was but the guy said a 10 gallon isn't big enought cuz the get at least 2 feet long, I'm like, I'm callin BS on that, cuz they were like not even 2 inches, but wutever.

Cr85rRida
08-31-2007, 02:57 PM
2 feet my @$$ !!! I have 2 of them, there big, but not 2ft, not even 1ft! like 6 inches max.

2004exrider
08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
If your planning on getting more fish ditch the ten gallon, its just to small for anything imo, plus its harder to keep clean than a bigger one, especially with goldfish sh*ittng all over the place.

Jimmy

Kaleigh
08-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
If your planning on getting more fish ditch the ten gallon, its just to small for anything imo, plus its harder to keep clean than a bigger one, especially with goldfish sh*ittng all over the place.

Jimmy

very true.. the bigger the tank the less you have to clean it.. it basically will clean itself.. I have a 50 gallon and dont really do much to it at all.. maybe once a month I might go in a clean the glass.. rememeber if you keep the tank to clean.. its not a good idea because its bacteria that cleans your tank and keeps it healthy.. most people to start off a tank will put goldfish in cause they are strong fish and can survive alot of abuse(new untreated water).. then after a 2-3weeks.. people will take the goldfish out and then put there desired fish in.. if you get a bigger tank.. keep the 10gallon for a nursing tank incase one of your fishes become ill and you will need to quarentine them.. also if they have ICH.. when you use the ICH cure it will turn you silicone blue..

Kaleigh
08-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
2 feet my @$$ !!! I have 2 of them, there big, but not 2ft, not even 1ft! like 6 inches max.

actually plecco's can get real big.. i have seen one that was about 1.5 foot long.. they grow to the size of their enviroment.. fish release a chemical into the water which tell their body how big they can grow.. you can get around this by doing frequent water changes so get rid of the chemical and you will see the fish grow.. you can also stunt (lol) a fishes growth this way.. if you do less water changes the fish will not grow as large..

i know you guys say that they are only 2inches long.. but remeber they all start out as alittle tiny egg.. even some of the bigger fish.. Salmon, Oscars etc..

Cr85rRida
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
yeah im aware they grow to the size of the tank, didnt know they released chermicals tho, very cool.

I guess thats why theres some big *** fish in the ocean, same water doesnt flow threw their gills twice i bet

iRideYAMAHA
08-31-2007, 04:17 PM
i love the bullet shells at the bottem of your tank