PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Performance

RidinRed420
08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Anyone have Banks or Bully Dog in their diesel truck? If yea how satisfied are you?

I've been looking into getting the Banks Six Gun Bundle,

http://bankspower.com/newproducts-12-03.cfm

I really want it - but I called a few places last night and the cheapest price I got was 2300. I'm not really interested in spending that much on it right now.

So I looked into Bully Dog and I put together a similar package and I think it was 1500 or 1600, which is more like what I was looking to spend.

I am just looking for other peoples opinions on their Banks or Bully Dog and good or bad experiences with the two.

ShiftFMX
08-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Me and all my friends are into our trucks like its no ones business! We have done our research.

My friend has an '05 Cummins on 40's. He had his truck put on the dyno and it was pushing about 670 hp, AT THE REAR! He has about $10,000 into his motor, and he says one of his best mods is his bully dog system. He is not running propane, but he has the water-methane kit in his garage ready to install, that claims it will add an additional 70rwhp. We'll see! I'll see if I can find a pic somewhere

stalefish_132
08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
imo banks is nice buy wayyy overpriced, there are lots of company's out there with nice products. bully dog, edge, PPE, daiblosport, Van Akken etc.

i'd get on a diesel forum and see what others recomend and you can decide from there.

my dad runs a daiblo sport predator in his duramax, no complants and its got some nice tunes.

trick450r
08-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Me and all my friends are into our trucks like its no ones business! We have done our research.

My friend has an '05 Cummins on 40's. He had his truck put on the dyno and it was pushing about 670 hp, AT THE REAR! He has about $10,000 into his motor, and he says one of his best mods is his bully dog system. He is not running propane, but he has the water-methane kit in his garage ready to install, that claims it will add an additional 70rwhp. We'll see! I'll see if I can find a pic somewhere

if hes got the snows water meth then expect atleast 70 hp...but if hes already running 670...then he might hit 700, but his egt's will drop a TON, its the best thing i have put on my powerstroke.

firefighterjosh
08-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Banks is overatted and over priced IMO.

I would just strait pipe your exahulst and install a bullydog chip and be done with it. Lots lots cheaper

ShiftFMX
08-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
if hes got the snows water meth then expect atleast 70 hp...but if hes already running 670...then he might hit 700, but his egt's will drop a TON, its the best thing i have put on my powerstroke.

Yeah, his goal is 700...then he claims he's done with that truck :p

welpracing
08-30-2007, 06:45 AM
I have the bully dog 6 position 4 bank chip on my powerstroke and couldn't be more pleased with it!!

butti
08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
banks=over rated

RidinRed420
08-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by butti
banks=over rated

That seems to be the general consensus everywhere. Of the people I have talked to about this, those with Bully Dog are just as happy as the people with Banks. I usually don't like to go the cheap way out, but I have heard so many good things about Bully Dog. Plus I have other things I'd like to get with the 800$ I "saved". lol

So I'm ordering the Bully Dog today and I can't hardly wait for it to get here!!!

Dave400ex
08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
ATS diesel makes some awesome products, but you don't hear a lot about them because they aren't cheap. That's what I would get...

450Rchaser
08-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Well what kind of truck are we talking about? Some have better mods than others. Chevy/GMC diesel is alot cheaper than most. A Banks rep. told a friend of mine who hauls cars w/ his duramax to chop off the exhaust and get a new left side exhaust manifold b/c it only flows 80% b/c of the steering shaft.

If you go w/ chips like bully dog and danks you will need to get a bigger exhaust because your stock maifolds will get super hot. Step up to like a 5" exhaust to help it breathe. Most chips that have an outlook box w/ tell your temps. A cold air intake will help alot.

Alot of these diesel guys just wanna blow black smoke. The real kicker is to get it to burn all the fuel and not blow hardly any smoke. The more fuel that it burns the more power. Its all in what you wanna do. Buddy out in NC has a dodge w/ close to 900 HP and the dyno flatlined at 1300 on torque. His company has a Cummins rail car that will do 200 MPH. Now thats diesel performance.

450Rchaser
08-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by welpracing
I have the bully dog 6 position 4 bank chip on my powerstroke and couldn't be more pleased with it!!

Do you have a 7.3L or 6.0L. My friend has the same chip on his stroker. When he was runnin stock tires he could smoke 2nd gear off. Well after he put in his shift kit.

RidinRed420
08-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Well what kind of truck are we talking about? Some have better mods than others. Chevy/GMC diesel is alot cheaper than most. A Banks rep. told a friend of mine who hauls cars w/ his duramax to chop off the exhaust and get a new left side exhaust manifold b/c it only flows 80% b/c of the steering shaft.

If you go w/ chips like bully dog and danks you will need to get a bigger exhaust because your stock maifolds will get super hot. Step up to like a 5" exhaust to help it breathe. Most chips that have an outlook box w/ tell your temps. A cold air intake will help alot.

Alot of these diesel guys just wanna blow black smoke. The real kicker is to get it to burn all the fuel and not blow hardly any smoke. The more fuel that it burns the more power. Its all in what you wanna do. Buddy out in NC has a dodge w/ close to 900 HP and the dyno flatlined at 1300 on torque. His company has a Cummins rail car that will do 200 MPH. Now thats diesel performance.

I got an 01 GMC. I ordered Bully Dog, the power pup programmer, rapid flow exhaust 4 inch pipe to a 5 inch tip, an intake and moniter.

From what I've been told the Banks doesn't blow half as much black smoke as the Bully Dog, but thats not why I went with the Bully Dog.. I just was looking to spend under 2000 on what I got, and Banks was screwing around with me. The first time I called they said 2800$ I said you're crazy, then they said well we can do it for 2400$ I said I'm still all set. The second time I called they said 2300$, and I said thats still more than I want to spend I'll have to think about it and they guy was like "well thats the price I'm offering you now... it might not be the same tomorrow or whenever you call back"

welpracing
08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Do you have a 7.3L or 6.0L. My friend has the same chip on his stroker. When he was runnin stock tires he could smoke 2nd gear off. Well after he put in his shift kit.

7.3 yes it will rip the tires off. found that out the first day i had it just to see what it would do.