PDA

View Full Version : i have a Request to anyone goin to BPG: labor day ride!!

coolguy8769
08-29-2007, 11:55 AM
is there ANYONE that can bring a rear brake disk for a yfz450??

i was riding yesterday to get ready for this weekend and i lost ALL rear brakes, i notice my rear disk got severly bent, this would cause it right?

if there is anyone that can help this weekend i would greatly apritiate it!! thanks

Jeff

ShiftFMX
08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
What do you need brakes for?? :p

Dupontster
08-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Well if your rotor is bent its just going to keep pushing the pistons in causing it not to pump back up.

killroy
08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
im pretty sure ur also gonna need new brake pads now too if it was bent and u rode it any more

coolguy8769
08-29-2007, 02:43 PM
my break pads still have some left in em but if i keep ridin like it is there wont be, i just needs a new rotor for now hopefully, i cant get one here by this weekend so if anyone can help out.....

quad2xtreme
08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
my break pads still have some left in em but if i keep ridin like it is there wont be, i just needs a new rotor for now hopefully, i cant get one here by this weekend so if anyone can help out.....

Jeff, you should have ordered today already from Rocky Mountain ATV $59.99 plus $9.16 for 2 day shipping. You still have the option of ordering and paying $25.23 to have it shipped in 1 day.

Have it shipped straight to Dan at Breezewood. You have to call them and explain your situation. They are really funny about shipping to one address and billing to another...just being cautious against identity theft.

/Jon

MX MaNiAc 06
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
The back brakes went out on mine like 2 months after i got it. Ive been riding without back brakes for almost two years now. Those things are over rated anyway..

AtvKid4Eva
08-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Back brakes prevent broken femurs ^^^ hahaha jk man

coolguy8769
08-29-2007, 06:43 PM
i can ride with out them, its just that im used to tappin em to throw the back end around in turns, i guess if no one has em i'll just wait till after this weekend

quadracer707
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
my son wade will be there late friday night early saturday morning he has an old used one still straight, he will be riding a YFZ450 # 707 he will be in a black diesel dually pulling a toy trailer, his budy will bo on a suzuki # 18 check him out for he will have one, I was hoping to go & drink lots of beer but wife is going in for a major operation friday, if ALL goes well i would like to drive up sunday to watch & drink beer watch your cooler pappy. My sons name is wade so look him up.

Be safe everyone KEN

winters126
08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Our crew will bring one for you. We have 4 YFZ's for sale and a TON of YFZ parts (everything imaginable...) that we are bringing with us to try to sell. I'm hard to miss on my pink quad. lol

quadracer707
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
we will be looking for you to see what you have would you take a check if needed, also when i was walking around a englisgtown did I see an advance machining services sticker on your quad or a quad that was there??

thanx ken

coolguy8769
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
thanks guys i'll be in a lifted black s10!!

just got word my uncle is bringin his BRAND NEW kfx450 that he bought for his 11 year old son ( i tried to tell him no ..... trust me) so i'll probable be ridin both that day

winters126
08-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
we will be looking for you to see what you have would you take a check if needed, also when i was walking around a englisgtown did I see an advance machining services sticker on your quad or a quad that was there??

thanx ken

No, I was not at Englishtown for the WPSA this time, so that wasn't my quad you saw.

We will accept a check if needed, but always prefer cash!

Coolguy....I just realized we have 250R rears for our YFZ's, but we still might have a rear disk break for yours. I'll find out later tonight....

We'll be up on Saturday mid-morning. We'll be in a big motorhome with a grey trailer. Look for the pink YFZ. Stop by and say hi and check out all our YFZ quads and parts for sale!! :)

quadracer707
08-30-2007, 06:02 PM
ONLY REASON ASKED ABOUT CHECK I DONT KNOW IF I CAN MAKE IT & HATE TO SEND LOTS OF CASH WITH KIDS, THEY SPEND IT ON STUPID STUFF, WE RUN A HONDA 250R REAR ALSO BUT HAVE AN EXTRA YFZ PART THAT IS JUST HANGING AROUND, I HOPE TO SHOW UP FOR A LITTLE AND RELAX

KEN