PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Track

Regulator 250X
10-28-2002, 09:44 PM
There is a non AMA track in Waterloo Iowa, i have seen some young kids race there in C class. They arent to bad either they bothed raced blasters and were competitive because they were little guys. Just something to think about.

oynot400
10-30-2002, 08:26 AM
Yes the Cattle Congress track in Waterloo is not AMA sanctioned. You are suppose to be 16 to race in the C class and above classes. I know that they have turned away kids that were not of age. However there is a jr quad class, 90cc max for the little guys. They are fun to watch. :D
There C class is nuts, it is way too big for that size of track. They need to either add another class or make some of the riders bump up. A and B don't have near the amout of riders.

Nausty
10-31-2002, 05:34 PM
yah c class is uaually around 20 people and a and b class is about 10 in total. I think i'm gonna race b class next year, I would of liked to of won a main but with the sand baggers and the bad luck with blown out tires and red flags I would of won a main soo whatever. I'm racing b next year and I think i'll do pretty well the only reason I havn't ran b is because I don't think it would be any fun racing with A class riders and only 4 other b class riders. lol, its a lot funner when you can pass most riders with ease and then have some compitition in front. But heck ya' i'm 15 and I race there and i've seen a ton of younger guys and gals riding there that are under 16. I wish they would move the inside of a lot of the turns out though because if you take the outside on a lot of those turns you lose a lot of time.

Varmit57
10-31-2002, 09:40 PM
That is one of my favorite tracks in Iowa. Bob runs a great track and I always have a good time there.

I do agree that the C class is to big, it dangerous there are plenty of newbee's in there then you put in a few faster guys that don't have the balls to run in the A or B class where they belong. On that size of track it is a bit to much. Maybe he should have two CC classes for the C riders one for 400+ and one for the 300's & Blasters. Unfortunately I don't think that there is time in the scheduel for any more classes. Also Lamoni droped quads for next year and that might send more to Waterloo and CR....