PDA

View Full Version : Stuff just got real bad round here

rookiex
10-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey guys.....I have some bad news my grandpa passed away and on top of that I have to have surgery on my leg to fix 12 legaments that I messed up a the MXtrack...My grandpa was a good guy came to all my races and loved them....It really sucks....Why do things like this always hit you at once ya know....I am havin a hard time and just felt like tellin somone I guess.....thanks for hearin me

rookie

Glamis400ex
10-28-2002, 09:37 PM
Hey Rookie,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I lost my grampa last Thanksgiving and it still hurts, with it coming up in a few weeks.:( It will get better, eventually. Hang tough.

Glamis

10-28-2002, 10:14 PM
yea sorry to hear about you grandpa. and about your leg. i just had surgury on my knee. it sucks for the first week after that it gets better

crazy canadian
10-29-2002, 02:13 AM
life always puts you through trials, the way we deal with them is what makes us strong. hang in there, things can only get better..

L.Vegas400
10-29-2002, 03:11 AM
sorry to hear about your grandpa. my aunt is about to pass. she has a tumor on her spine and all the doc had to say was, go home. i hope i get to see her at thanksgiving. i assure you it will get better.

AtvMxRider
10-29-2002, 04:06 AM
I'm Very sorry to hear about you grandpa. Mine passed away a few years ago so I know what your going through.

4punksdad
10-29-2002, 04:24 AM
:(

Blysster
10-29-2002, 04:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss rookiex.

I know what you must be going through. My grand father passed away this summer as well, I was hard.

You have to stay strong for your Grand Mother and the rest of the family, this is when they need you the most.

And good luck with the surgery.

Sparks425Ex
10-29-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
:( :( :( :(

MSL
10-29-2002, 06:13 AM
My prayers go out to you and your family

lil400exman
10-29-2002, 08:11 AM
i never even did get to meet my grandparents.... my grandpa was a old racer too he had 6 truumphs decked out and a elinore and right before he died i was still in me moms stomach he bought a atc70 in htink it was a ol atc tho.......:(

MrP
10-29-2002, 08:12 AM
rookiex- Sorry man.

CBW
10-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Hey rookie,,,,,,,,,sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel when it comes to your grandpa. I lived with my grandpa since i was about 4,,,,i am now 30,,,,and i helped him run a refrigeration business for the past 8 years and worked with him everyday during that time,,,,,,,,and i lived next door to him on our property. Anyhow to make a long story short..........he passed last feb of bone cancer........and every day is still a struggle:( When you have to get up and face the work day all by your self......when you were so use to that friend/dad/grandpa always being there.

sorry guys i know it was a long reply.......but i had to get a bit of it off my chest:(

CHAUNCY
10-29-2002, 08:53 AM
sorry to hear about that rookiex. Things will get better as time goes on. I lost my grandpa a couple yeas ago on Easter and i didnt really know him cuzz i was still young but i visited him that day and on the way home my dad got a call on his cell that his dad died of a heart attack. Now my other grandapa has somethin wrong with him and they dont know what is wrong with him. So will you guys please pray cuzz i dont want to loose another one. He would love riding if he was able to but he has a brerathin thing goin on now so please pray. He just got out of the hospital and they still dont know what is wrong with him. I hope I dont loose him.
lil400exman- think the atc was for you ???

rookiex
10-29-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey thanks all you guys....times are hard as of now and it will always get better...Its always good to have sapport before you go through somthing......and I got the sapport of the exriders....thanks

rookie

jay's 300
10-29-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey rookie sorry to hear about your loss man, but keep ya head up. I lost my grandpa almost 11 yrs. ago and sometimes it's still rough :( cause I lived w/ my grandparents until I graduated school, but he'll always be around. Just be strong for the rest of your family and good luck w/ the surgery.

QuadTrix6
10-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
:( :( :(

:( :( :( :( sorry to hear about that bro..im sure hes in a better place, looking down on you when you race...hey that can be a poem....:(

QuadJunkies
10-29-2002, 01:16 PM
I have gone through a loss recently too(last week).I think most here have summed it up,I am sorry for your loss,and I agree, Im sure he looking down upon you watching you race.Losing Grandparents is hard, I had a really tough time when my Gandma died, she was like my "mom" for years.It took some time getting used to here not being here.If you ever need to talk ,Pm me.;) ...Tina

trx400ex
10-29-2002, 03:30 PM
Im sorry to hear this, good luck with your surgery and keep your head up, you g-pa is in a better place and like Quadtrix said, he will still be watching you race, he'll just have a better view....

Pappy
10-29-2002, 04:26 PM
rookiex....let his memory be the driving force behind your life. it always helps me to remember my lost loved ones and use their memory as inspiration for achieving my goals and lifes dreams.:)

DantheEXman
10-29-2002, 06:14 PM
Well said 400ex127

bluebaron
10-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
:( :( :(

10-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear man, that aint no fun losing someone and walking around with pain's in ur leg on top of that, G/L with the surgey man and hope u get over ur g-pa pass away easily, it's pretty tough:( Ecspically when he comes and supports on a regular basis, im sur ehe was an important figure in your life. Later man :(

Rip_Tear
10-29-2002, 07:42 PM
sorry to hear about your grampa:( Someone needs to find that foutain of youth real soon!

rookiex
11-02-2002, 12:24 AM
yeah guys thanks again.....My surgery is on tuesday so I am just getting ready I had pre . op the other day an I hate shots.....My poor ex has'nt been riddin and wont be for awhile....My dad took it out and washed it for me.....I was hoping to make the next ex ride...but ya know how it gose.....be carefull guys I was pretty lucky from what I heard from a local pro....that I didnt get my neck broke.....thanks for all your sapport....

stocktires
11-02-2002, 12:37 AM
sorry to hear rookie,
Mine passed away a lil more than a year ago. VERY unexpected and I wished I would have been around him more and knew him better.
Be glad for the time you had with him and I guess all I can say is that its something everyone goes through. It WILL get better, last year everything sucked for me. But now Im about to have a dream quad, doing good in school, parents are finally supporting racing, about to start driving, ect. Look forward to good times and try to realize all the good things in life that you have.
Ya gota take the good with the bad

Buzzsaw
11-02-2002, 09:12 AM
Rookiex, i feel your pain of loss, I've only lost one of my grandparents, but i 've loss both of my parents in later two and a half years. And, it's the lesson that they tought me that help me make it through. The biggest is that not matter how bad you have someone always has it worse and that your loss is not a goodby it's i'll see you later. And, like 400ex127 said let his memory be the driving force behind your life. Keep your head up, it's not easy but it will be Ok.