PDA

View Full Version : getting new quad a 250r VS a banshee

blasterzombie1
10-28-2002, 09:18 PM
HI guys I have just sold my blaster and I am going to get a new quad and I need to know what to get I have narrowed it down to a 250r or a banshee I would like you to tell me the pro's and cons of each quad. I ride in about every situation imaginable tight woods, MX tracks u name it I ride it. How good are they in the snow?
THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Texan32
10-29-2002, 07:16 AM
Thats a prett open ended question. This is a Honda site, so the reply's may seem a little biased. But, i will give you my .02. The 'shee was built for speed. They were made to be put out in the open a flat "get it". They're chassis though is kinda narrow. I think it takes a pretty experienced 'shee rider to race one MX. The front end definately has to be widened. And, you have to know how to finese the clutch to keep the wheel spin down. Don't get em wrong, the banshee can defiantely be a racer, but i think that should be left to the guys that grew up on a 'shee.

The 250r is what some call the "perfect amchine". For me, NO! I'm just another working stiff who on occasion get to ride/play race. And (right now) on rare occasion i get to run a real xc race. For my needs my 400 is perfect! But on to the R. The r already has a pretty good stance. It has the "perfect" geometry on the front end. It has managable power. And, they are "belly buttons". Everyone has one...not really, but parts are VERY EASY to get ahold of.

As for the snow. They are both 2stroke, which means you will have to richen up the jets in the winter time so to not run lean (cold= more dense air).

eldoexrider01
10-30-2002, 07:57 PM
the banshee will be faster on the flats. but since you do all around riding the suspension of the R will have a lil more advantage.and you wont hafta buy 2 of everything. (id like to have a banshee myself so im not hatin. if i had to choose between a tricked shee and a tricked R. i would prolly make my head explode thinkin so hard.

Troy86250r
10-31-2002, 12:13 AM
I would go with the R. Its alot more versitile, more reliable from what I have heard, and in my opinion just a better biult machine. It may not be as fast on top end, but there are plenty of mods out there if you need them.

trx400ex
10-31-2002, 02:49 PM
nothing is as much fun as a banshee.....it may not work as good on a track as a 250r, but if your a good rider, you can make it work, also no 250r is going to hold up to a banshee mod for mod in the straights.....in the corners and on jumps theyll get ya though.....for mx i would go with the R, for snow i would go with neither... for tight woods i would go with banshee, yes thats right i said banshee for tight woods, in my opinion you cant beat a good day of trail riding on a banshee..

own2424
10-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
for snow i would go with neither... Got that right! Banshees will just spin their tires on the snow forever. You can probly just sit there through 3 gears before the banshee even moves! :D

Poncho
10-31-2002, 07:07 PM
Well imo I love the banshee. I love my banshee about everywhere I ride it. Like Texan said to get the most out of a banshee on a mx track or tight trails you have to have had alot of seat time on them and gotten used to the powerband. A 'shee may seem "Weird" to some who have rode 4 strokes because of the wicked powerband and it deffinetly takes alot of getting used to.

The 250R is a great quad imo also. I think it is the best honda sport quad ever made. On a mx track the R is better because of its frame geometry and it becuase they are alot lighter than the 'shee.

Spencer