PDA

View Full Version : Shock re-valving decision

fireburns99
08-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Hey guys have a choice to make. I just upgraded to +2+1 arms on the front of my 250R. I have a set of Works shocks with rezzies, that were valved for stdm length. I talke to laz at GTT, and he said it would cost around $600 to re-valve the Works shocks, and that it would be better to find a set of stock 450R shocks, which i did, and it it would only be $390 to re-valve those, and they would be superior ot most shocks. I trust him, since his name is respected in the industry.

Now here is my question i looked on the derisi website and its only $260 tor e-valve the works shocks. I was curious why the huge price difference?

And does anyone have any input on which way i can go, the 450R shocks or the works shocks.

08-29-2007, 05:21 PM
My brother has works and even know its the lower end rezzie ones they feel amazing! I mean its like floating over the whoops

cbr929rr
08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I believe the shaft would need to be lenghthened, and that's why the price would be increased besides the revalving.

ryanowarrior
08-29-2007, 08:26 PM
in my opinion i'd send them to derisi!!! he does wonders to stock shocks!! he redone my rear and wow!!! night and day!!! Santo is super nice easy to deal with and it was close for me and had fast turn around!!!

A A R O N
08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
It would be so expensive to fix the works shocks because laz knows that they need to be basically re worked all around, not just valving....if all you did to the works was change "valving" they wouldn't be that great of a shock still......