PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

LT250_JOE
08-29-2007, 07:56 AM
WHAT IS WITH THE ARTICLES? I JUST READ ONE IN ATV ACTION ON A 570 BIG BORE KIT(SWEET), BUT IN THE END IT SAYS TO REPLACE MAIN JET WITH A 155 AND PILOT TO A 50. THATS WAY OFF FROM WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH JUST 510CCS. JACK*****E$

ALSO ATV ACTION AND DIRT WHEELS BOTH SAY HOW HORRIBLE THE LINKLESS REAR SUSPENSION IS ON THE NEW 525 AND 450 SRA OUTLAWS, YET A FEW PAGES LATER SAY HOW GREAT IT IS ON THE KTM QUADS. RETARDS? YOU BE THE JUDGE.

OutlawBill
08-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by LT250_JOE
WHAT IS WITH THE ARTICLES? I JUST READ ONE IN ATV ACTION ON A 570 BIG BORE KIT(SWEET), BUT IN THE END IT SAYS TO REPLACE MAIN JET WITH A 155 AND PILOT TO A 50. THATS WAY OFF FROM WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH JUST 510CCS. JACK*****E$

ALSO ATV ACTION AND DIRT WHEELS BOTH SAY HOW HORRIBLE THE LINKLESS REAR SUSPENSION IS ON THE NEW 525 AND 450 SRA OUTLAWS, YET A FEW PAGES LATER SAY HOW GREAT IT IS ON THE KTM QUADS. RETARDS? YOU BE THE JUDGE.

The KTM quad's have far better rear shock than the Outlaw525s. The KTM comes with Ohilns with PDS that are far superior to the fox shock on the Outlaw. You can fix the Outlaw for about $1000 with a rear Ohilns shock with PDS

eerhard09
08-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Quad magazine did a quick write up on the 450 and loved the linkless rear and said it was one of the best rear suspensions they have ridden on a stock quad. Apparently Polaris has has not thrown enough advertising money to the other mags yet! Quad magazine seems to be pretty unbiased so far at least but the other "big" magazines are full of it. They are only good when used as catalogs.

LT250_JOE
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I GOT MY HANDS ON A COPY OF QUAD MAGAZINE FROM LAST MONTH AND IT WAS DEFINATELY BETTER THAN WHAT I'VE SUBSCRIBED TO FOR THE LAST GAZILLION YEARS. THEY DONT SEEM BIASED LIKE THE OTHERS. IT SEEMS LIKE THE SAME BRAND QUAD WINS MONTH AFTER MONTH.

eerhard09
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, if it is not a Yamaha then DirtWheels doesn't seem to like it! it is pretty amazing how biased they are. They do not care for the Outlaw or the IRS but I will take it any day over a SRA quad these days. I can ride for MUCH longer with the IRS w/o feeling beat up!

M0n5t3r
08-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Exactly!!!! This is not just on the 450 either,it is on evry friggin model.I bet if the took a yfz450 painted it red and called it a honda and did a shootout with another yfz 450 they would say " This is not a homerun,However its not a bad platform to build on."
Quad hands down gives more honest reviews IMHO,DW just gets alot of advertising monies from Yamaha.:devil: