PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket help: I'm lost!

jesshamner
10-28-2002, 08:48 PM
I have been riding a stock 400 for too long. I am a trail rider, hill climber, freestyle rider. I have added MSR dominator bars. I am getting some new tires for christmas. I am thinking I might get holeshots 20x11x9's. AC Pro peg nerfs are after christmas. What else should I do? Basically, I am trying to get a plan to build up my 400 for my style of riding on a low budget. Any ideas?

skinrider440
10-28-2002, 09:04 PM
get a pipe, jet kit, shocks, e-z pull clutch, and tether switch

MILF_HUNTER
10-28-2002, 09:05 PM
so you say your a freestyler...
well then mod the suspension on that ride boy.
any jumper knows that. shocks are were its at.

jesshamner
10-28-2002, 09:15 PM
If I get suspension, do I need new a-arms and swing arm? And what suspension? Remember, I am on a tight budget. So if I can get something that will help that doesn't cost a fortune, it would be perfect. I don't freestyle professionally or anything, so i don't need the absolute best right now. When I get a job other than a part time summer job, maybe I can go for the good stuff.

Nausty
10-28-2002, 09:17 PM
I say shocks on just about everything, if you do any mx or any type of racing shocks are the way to go. Easier on the machine also, lol what can you do for freestyle? lol I suck, the best I can do is can can, nothing and heel clicker. oh well, maybe when I get a good jump to do it on then it'll be differant.

Don't buy a jet kit because they are a waste of money considering you'll only need a few. Get yourself some shocks, exhaust, tighten up your throttle cable if it isn't, stock tires are good unless they are wore down, they just don't slide very well.

jesshamner
10-28-2002, 09:25 PM
I forgot to mention that I have a tether kill switch too. I can't do too much on freestyle. I really got into it when i got the 400 in April. I was doing no handers, no footers, and combo of no footer with no handed landing on Polaris 325 Magnum. But now I can do those and i added a superman this summer. The only problem is that I don't have a jump big enough anymore. My riding buddy and I have plans for a jump. I just recently started working a rodeo.

MILF_HUNTER
10-28-2002, 09:30 PM
yea just through on some works tripples with rezzies on the front with the stock a-arms. night and day and get your rear rebuilt. good to go

tprender
10-29-2002, 07:01 AM
If you are on a tight budget, change your jetting to a 152 or 155 main and put a 42 pilot in. This will make it run and start better. Just get a White Brothers e-series slip on and cut out the welds inside the stock head pipe. A good free mod is to take the airbox lid off or take the lid off and then push the 2 front retaining clips in so that when you put the lid back on they prop up the front of the lid. But clip it on with the 2 back ones. You need to get some shocks in the future. Find them used on e-bay or ? Best of luck.