PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 revs way to high

Rappa
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
The bike starts fine and idles fine. Once I touch the throttle she stays at a high rev. When I put the bike in gear and release the clucth she goes back down to a nice idle or if i'm riding and I come to a stop with the clutch in or out she idles high. What the hell is that...The stock settings did this and then I jetted her. 168m,45pj and 5th clip with 2 turns out. Still the high revs. Any help would be cool, i'll try anything at this point. Thanks...

Trahan20
08-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Rappa
The bike starts fine and idles fine. Once I touch the throttle she stays at a high rev. When I put the bike in gear and release the clucth she goes back down to a nice idle or if i'm riding and I come to a stop with the clutch in or out she idles high. What the hell is that...The stock settings did this and then I jetted her. 160m,45pj and 5th clip with 2 turns out. Still the high revs. Any help would be cool, i'll try anything at this point. Thanks...

This doesn't help you much, but mine does the same thing. I did the softer carb spring mod and the high idle started after the mod was completed.

I'm curious to know if you had done the same thing?

Rappa
08-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Trahan20
This doesn't help you much, but mine does the same thing. I did the softer carb spring mod and the high idle started after the mod was completed.

Actually, I have the softer spring to install, I just need the security torx bit to do it. So no, I haven't done that...yet. Did you put the o-ring on your timing screw?

Trahan20
08-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually, I have the softer spring to install, I just need the security torx bit to do it. So no, I haven't done that...yet. Did you put the o-ring on your timing screw?

I'm not sure...to be honest, I am completely surprised that I was able to do the mod and still have a working quad afterwards. I am completely incompetent when it comes to working on my bike.

Sorry.

coryatver
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
may be something to do with the tps. my buddy's had the same problems and thats what it was

Rappa
08-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
may be something to do with the tps. my buddy's had the same problems and thats what it was

So what did he do to resolve his problem. Some say not to touch it. So did he replace it or work on it. Please speak to your buddy and let me know. Much appreciated...Rob.

I just figured out that I need to check the voltage input and output. So i'll do that. Is that what you buddy did?

Ride1Rob
08-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Fuel air screw ;) . Sometimes that thing will backout and if it backs out too much it'll make your bike do that. Screw your fuel airscrew all the way in and back it out anywhere between 2 and 3 turns. Also could be your throttle cable. But if it's not doing it while your bars are turned to the left then more than likely that's not it.

Rappa
09-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Fuel air screw ;) . Sometimes that thing will backout and if it backs out too much it'll make your bike do that. Screw your fuel airscrew all the way in and back it out anywhere between 2 and 3 turns. Also could be your throttle cable. But if it's not doing it while your bars are turned to the left then more than likely that's not it.

I installed the MSR fuel screw and it's set at 2 turns out. I didn't mention that I also installed the gytr air filter and removed the lid and also removed the baffle. This high rev problem happened before I did the mods and after, however, I just put the baffle back in the stock pipe and now there is no high revs. She runs perfect. So i'm thinking she ran lean and I didn't know it. So if I take out the baffle or get an after market pipe I will mess with the carb some more. Thanks for the input...

jshtex
09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Trahan20

I didn't read the whole thread and someone else might have said this but when you put the slide back in I bet you got the cover on upside down. The slide is the box with the four wheels that goes up and down with the throttle, it has a cover on one side. It seems to be a common problem and causes the symptoms your describing. You can tell by looking into the carb and looking for either an M or a W stamped into the cover. I can't remember right off the top of my head but if you need me to I will look at our carb and tell you the right way.

Dune Surfer
09-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I had the same problem and the fix was to unkink the cable.

coryatver
09-05-2007, 09:14 PM
So what did he do to resolve his problem. Some say not to touch it. So did he replace it or work on it. Please speak to your buddy and let me know. Much appreciated...Rob.

I just figured out that I need to check the voltage input and output. So i'll do that. Is that what you buddy did?

sorry he took his to the dealer it was still under warranty

Rappa
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm done, the quad is running perfect. I had the stock needle in the carb, NDSR, on the 5th clip and replaced it with the NFSR, aka NCVQ on earlier models, and put that on the 5th clip. So now I can run with the baffle out and it does not rev high. Yee Haa. The needles looked identical, but made the difference. I also did the oil upgrade, pump and squirter, myself if anyone is interested along with many other mods.