PDA

View Full Version : 300ex stalls on hard right turns

gml1998
08-28-2007, 04:12 PM
My son has a 98 300ex.It runs good but on hard right corners it will cut out and die.It will restart with no problems.It does not do this on left turns.Anyone have any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Gary

jay80
08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
EDIT: never mind.

Hope you figure this out.

bwamos
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
3 quick simple things to check.

1) The obvious: Assuming a stock carb. Is the carb sitting relatively level? Not tilted to one side or the other more than +/- 5deg. It's not an aftermarket carb (like a mikuni).. is it?

2) With the motor running tug on the wire harness leading to the CDI. (mounted on the right vertical tube). If you have a bad connection the small turning forces could be causing a lost contact. Aka.. loses spark.

3) The less obvious. Make sure the thumb kill switch near the headlight switches isn'd damaged or intermitent. It could be making contact and dropping spark.

Could be many things.. but those are the 3 I've personally seen happen. ;)

Odds are it's electrical.

JBacon
08-29-2007, 02:18 PM
idk if this would cause it to bog out but maybe he's riding in like 3rd or 4th gear in a hard turn or somethin, cuz there aint no way he's turnin hard turns in 4th gear. It wont hardly go if he does....

jfarcticman
08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
idk where the choke cable is on them but make sure thats not getting strecthed when u turn that way.... cuz my cuzins dvx did that

bwamos
08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
No choke cable. Just a plastic yellow lever on the carbs left side.