View Full Version : Brake line length?

fireburns99
08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I recently put on a set of +2+1 A-arms on my ' 86 R, and obviously the stock brake lines are too short. So i'm going to buy a new set of SS lines. My question is will the +2 length be too short, because of the 1" forward? I was thinking about buying +3 length brake lines just to be safe. Does anyone have any experience or input?

Scro
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you will be fine with +2. There is nothing I hate more than having longer brakelines than you need. It makes it look unorganized.

fireburns99
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I'm pretty sure you will be fine with +2. There is nothing I hate more than having longer brakelines than you need. It makes it look unorganized.
Yea i agree, but it would also suck to just be alittle too short. haha.

racerx573
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I have a +3 length on mine with a narrow frame and +4+1 a-arms, so technically I am at +3+1 overall. I have probly an extra 2 inches of line available. I could run my +4+1's on a std width frame and still have plenty of length.

fireburns99
08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Thank you, that was the definitive answer i was hoping for.

Aceman
08-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Scro

That's my problem right now. I have +1 arms but my lines look like they're for a +2. I thinking about trying a dual line kit just so it's easier to take the slack out of the lines if necessary.

svahle
08-29-2007, 08:38 AM
I certainly don't mean to complicate things, but do you intend to get a longer steering stem at any time? If so, the extra inch or two of brake line will be useful. Just something to keep in mind.

racerx573
08-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
That's my problem right now. I have +1 arms but my lines look like they're for a +2. I thinking about trying a dual line kit just so it's easier to take the slack out of the lines if necessary.

I run the dual lines. I love them.

RichM1983
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
I have stock 86 brake line system from the master cylinder all the way to the calipers. I have +3 a-arms and my stock lines are long enough. There is not binding or stretching from lock to lock on the stem or when the suspensions is flexed.

fireburns99
08-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by RichM1983
I have stock 86 brake line system from the master cylinder all the way to the calipers. I have +3 a-arms and my stock lines are long enough. There is not binding or stretching from lock to lock on the stem or when the suspensions is flexed.
Really, because i don't know if its the 1" forward doing it or what, but mine are totally stretched. I've tried going over and under, and to the side. Nothing. Would you happen to have pics of how you have them run. I'll try and get some pics up tonight, of what i'm talking about.