PDA

View Full Version : 07 450er spewing oil

chckmgntEX
08-28-2007, 01:09 PM
couple weeks ago i went on a short ride,stopped and noticed smoke comin off header,looked and noticed oil all over the motor and dripping underneath.changed my oil in the motor and tranny,went for another short ride,and its doing it again.theres no oil seaping out anywhere when i rev it up,and all the oil is on the back of the motor/tranny.so im assuming its coming from the transmission.put it up on blocks and kicked it in gear and revved it up,but still cant find the source.anyone have a clue? had nothin but problems with this bike wish the oil would catch on fire and burn it to the ground so i could buy something else,haha!

Scro
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I would take the tank and the tank shroud off and check everything over. Make sure there are no hoses disconnected, and also make sure the valve cover bolts are tight.

lumi
08-28-2007, 01:18 PM
are u getting pressure in ur tranny or engine side... pull the fill caps off, does it hiss?

check all ur vent hoses and valve cover... btw are u over filling your fluids?

chckmgntEX
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM
theres no hissing coming out.it looks like its coming from the middle of the motor in the back not from the head.ive had it for almost a year now and never had any problems till now.i went by the books with maintenance and havent had any trouble.sitting still it wont leak any more oil,only if i go ride it and come back then its leaking everywhere.

lumi
08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
middle of the motor in the back huh? are u talking about a vent hose?. only thing i can think of.... btw check ur tranny and or engine oil... which one is losing oil?

IMSROLL450R
08-28-2007, 04:33 PM
If you pinch one of the hoses to the valve cover or crank breather it will spew oil out of the breather hose and into your airbox. Ive done that and it leaked on the back of the motor because my airbox is cracked.

taino_racing
08-28-2007, 06:29 PM
my o7 was just in for the starter recall and the dealer(tampa motorsport)told me that it needed a second part of the starter recall which required pulling the clutch side cover,make a long story short they messed up three time with the last the cover was leaking in the back right above the pipe! if you had the starter redone u might check this out! jr.

Rich250RRacer
08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Probably overfilled, and coming out of the vent hose that is just under the rear of the gas tank. Mine went in for a defective water pump seal and the idiots had at least a quart too much on both the crank side and the transmission. Needless to say, the first time I rode it, I was covered in oil and so was the quad. It was coming out of the vent hose.

08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
be carefull because my friend YFZ started on fire because the oil got onto the headers and motor. But hey he should have had a Honda right