PDA

View Full Version : First 4 stroke Mini....question

TEXWS6
08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Picked up a Hetrick 125 the other day, daughter rode it a couple of times, and now it's dead (electric start).

I can start by rolling it down a hill and popping it into gear and it starts.

It won't start by itself even though I have charged the battery, or try starting it while the charger is in high amp mode.

I can head the starter solenoid clicking or buzzing on...

Forgive me, used to kick starting one..

thanks,

kelly

FASTDAD-77
08-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Here's something you might want to check. I got a motor back over the winter for my 2006 TRX and it wouldn't start after I put it back in the bike. When I was putting all the wiring back together I forgot to tighten down the ground wire under the left front fender to the frame. A good place to check is grounding and you can also jump the posts over on the selenoid under the seat (2 large posts) to check if the selenoid or starter are good.

ATV403
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
The mechanic at my local dealer has told me twice about electric starters going bad on a Hetrick 125. So you may need to replace the starter. I think Hetrick runs some very high compression motors and they must be hard on starters. I guess thats the price for performance.

mcatvme
08-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by TEXWS6
Picked up a Hetrick 125 the other day, daughter rode it a couple of times, and now it's dead (electric start).

I can start by rolling it down a hill and popping it into gear and it starts.

It won't start by itself even though I have charged the battery, or try starting it while the charger is in high amp mode.

I can head the starter solenoid clicking or buzzing on...

Forgive me, used to kick starting one..

thanks,

kelly
Did you call Rich at Hetrick to see what he thought? As for the starters going bad, we have over 16 1hour races and alot of practice on our Hetrick built TRX125 with NO problems but we just may be lucky. Also Rich doesnt run really high compression piston in his motors that i know of. What does everyone consider a really high compression?

kenny9575
08-29-2007, 07:54 AM
No problems with my 11:1strocker starting,I had to replace the battery once. This my be a dumb question but did you check the fuse?