PDA

View Full Version : workout routines

Scro
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I guess this thread goes hand in hand with the protein thread. What kind of workout routine do you use? Not necessarily different parts on different days, but what are the specific workouts that you use? Is there a site that has a recommended routine?

I lifted weights a couple years ago, but I forgot the workouts that we used.

JRP
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
i use a website called Intense-Training. Its more of a heavy weight body building, but they know what they are talking about. I lift monday, tuesday, thursday. And i run every day 6miles. Keeps me good conditioned for racing. Im going to start running bleachers too.

Scro
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
6 miles a day!:eek2: I went running last night, and barely made it two laps around the football field...lol. I guess that's what I get for being lazy after I turned 21. Thanks, I'll look them up.

Scro
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JRP
i use a website called Intense-Training. Its more of a heavy weight body building, but they know what they are talking about. I lift monday, tuesday, thursday. And i run every day 6miles. Keeps me good conditioned for racing. Im going to start running bleachers too.

LOL...The first thing I saw when I went on that site was an ad for needles and syringes. I'm just trying to work on my stamina:p

JRP
08-28-2007, 11:17 AM
hahah yea, its "intense". lmao. Deffinately post something and ask ppl questions, they know what they are talking abotu! If you go to Members Photos, i posted mine up and asked a few things, and i can deff tell a difference!

JRP
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Scro
6 miles a day!:eek2: I went running last night, and barely made it two laps around the football field...lol. I guess that's what I get for being lazy after I turned 21. Thanks, I'll look them up.

yea, its alot forsure, but it deffinately helps. Ive been doing it for 3 weeks and now im getting burnt out, i run that much sunday-thursdays and lift everyday, but its just to much. Im going to start to bike more and run bleachers.

gncc025
08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
this is probably the best site ive found on weight lifting and exercise. lots of info to be found on there.http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

when i was lifting weights i went by this routine on M,W,F

3 sets of 8 on each workout

- barbell bench (close & wide grip), dumbell flys, declined push ups, inclined barbell bench, dumbell hammer curls, preacher curls, concentration curls, dips, cable press downs, situps, leg raises, squats, leg press

simple but it works for me. and if stamina is ur goal id go down on the weight and up on the reps

derekhonda
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
i go a 3 day routine with the fourth day off.

1 Legs
2 chest/tri
3 back/bi/shoulders
4 rest

cardio in the morning if i feel like it, lifting at night always

Warnerade
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
dont you guys like well rounded shoulders?

gncc025
08-28-2007, 09:30 PM
i consider the incline to take care of that for me. but i agree im prolly not getting enough shoulder work. should probably add at least the shoulder press to my routine.

Warnerade
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
inclines work upper chest...they wont do anything for the cap of your shoulder...I'd suggest throwing in the shoulder press and atleast side or front raises...switch them up from week to week between side and front it you dont wanna do them both, they are both effective.