PDA

View Full Version : woods race

wanaraceme
10-28-2002, 07:42 PM
yo i wana start woods racing soon how do i start or sign up for it, i live in louisiana would i have to travel alot to race or what would i have to do, and what would be the best setup for woods like 416, 440, or what do u think is best and not real expensive please help me out. thanx

wanaraceme
10-28-2002, 08:38 PM
can somebody help me out here ne thing would be appreciated.

chavez
10-28-2002, 08:45 PM
if you are looking to race local you need to go to ama or atva wbsite and find out your district see if they offer any hs (hare scrambles enduros or if you want to race the gncc (grand national cross country) go to www.gnccracing.com and look at the schedule it starts in florida and ends in indiana good luck

tprender
10-29-2002, 06:37 AM
If you want to travel to Missouri we have a very good ATV XC series that will start up next March or Feb. We average about 100 ATV each race. Go to your local bike shops and ask them about races.
I have heard that if the 416 kit is done right it will run with or even out run a 440. I would start with a 416, stock springs, cam, and a WB e-series exhaust, nerf bars, and good tires.

10-29-2002, 08:07 AM
You better look at suspension and controls before motor mods. Cross country racing is all about how well the quad handles not how fast it is.. If ya don't believe me go to the exracing forum and read the Wiliam Yokley thread about his new ride and how he was turning the same lap times on a stock Kaw with suspension mods and no motor mods.. The only thing a faster motor will do to a stock quad is help ya hit a tree alot faster..:eek:

Extremeracer167
10-29-2002, 08:30 AM
preach on Brotha Rico!! There are only a few select tracks that uactually do need some good motor work, and thats High Point, and the old okechobee race in florida, but from what im hearing they moved it to ocala which is a tight track. so get some shocks first then save up all year or summer break and do your motor! thats the best way to go about it!

j400exrider
10-29-2002, 09:13 AM
hey tPrender what part of st. louis you from. i am from Festus MO,

quadman21
10-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Suspension & Handling are all you should be concerned with right now. Doesn't matter how fast your quad is if your beating yourself up in the woods! If you do go with motor mods go with a kit that delivers bottom to mid range power. You want to be able to pull around the woods in second and third. I have a 440 but a few in here have a good 416 set up also. You win your race in the woods, not on the short moto-x track, or short field sections. Last but not least, Check out the Mid South Harescramble series. It might be closer for you than the GNCC, but go to a GNCC to experience it nevertheless!

tprender
10-29-2002, 10:51 AM
St. Charles/St. Peters area, but I do all of my riding when in town at Flat River.

cjpoole1
10-29-2002, 11:03 AM
http://www.msws.org/

86atc250r
10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
There's a few Louisiana racers that come up to Arkansas to race

http://www.arkansasharescramble.com/