PDA

View Full Version : First time at MX Track

TravEX
10-28-2002, 07:41 PM
well i finally got to go to my local MX track saturday (practice),,,this was my first time that i took my EX to the track (i took my Scrambler 400 there several times), and i loved the way it handled in the air, in turns, and around the track,,,it's kinda wierd having the quad for 5 monthes and just now finding out what it will do,,,i really didn't know what to expect on the big jumps, but it felt light and controllable (especially campared to my Scrambler, hehe),,,anybody else remember their first times at the track?,,,later

10-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Yea, I was kinda lost when I was at the race but #12nacs400ex (billo) was there to help me out. I pretty much followed him the first race I think. I kinda prolly acted big and bad cuz I had a souped up R haha. But yea I neevr new I had that side of me really, it's awesome to be literally "on top of the world".

loganB
10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
The first Mx race I went to was a big joke they had two jumps and a tabel top it sucked.

Nausty
10-28-2002, 09:08 PM
I got a picture of me at a track for about the 4th or 5th time when my machine was fully stock, now that I got shocks on there, I feel like I can jump anything and now I just the rear replaced. Heres me on the 1st summer with the 400ex on about my 4th or 5th ride or around there. The first time I was there, I didn't even know where I was going, lol.

kc 300EX
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
I remember my first time on an MX track, it was an open practice, I was soooo lost and nervous. I was supposed to meet a friend there but he hadnt showed up, so I said what the ****, better get out there. I saw a Blaster so I decided I would take it easy and follow him, well, it only took me about half a lap to relize he was waaaaaaayyyyy to slow:D By the end of the day I was hitting doubles and I was pretty proud of myself

cheetah
10-29-2002, 03:33 PM
I want to go, but I went to our local track a month or so back to watch and only 2 quads showed up. They had a modded 250r and a piped shee. The piped shee dude almost got lapped. It was sad.

Nausty
10-29-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by cheetah5431
I want to go, but I went to our local track a month or so back to watch and only 2 quads showed up. They had a modded 250r and a piped shee. The piped shee dude almost got lapped. It was sad.

lol, there is pry a lot of slower riders that want to go out there but are affraid of the same thing. Just try to get a bud or something to go along.

TravEX
10-29-2002, 04:34 PM
yeah, just go,,,when i had my Scrambler, i would get out on the track during practices or breaks, and just ride, pulling over for faster traffic and bikes,,,my local track has parctice every saturday weather permitted year round, so i'll be going back soon,,,

tants
10-29-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by kc 300EX
I remember my first time on an MX track, it was an open practice, I was soooo lost and nervous. I was supposed to meet a friend there but he hadnt showed up, so I said what the ****, better get out there. I saw a Blaster so I decided I would take it easy and follow him, well, it only took me about half a lap to relize he was waaaaaaayyyyy to slow:D By the end of the day I was hitting doubles and I was pretty proud of myself

ya casey then i showed up and whooped you, and all the blasters! :D

bluebaron
10-29-2002, 05:02 PM
omg i want to go to a track soooo bad

TravEX
10-29-2002, 07:17 PM
next time i go i'm gonna take my camara and try to get some good pics,,,

Bean
10-29-2002, 07:18 PM
i crashed on my first time out on a track, which was also my first race, o well

CHAUNCY
10-29-2002, 07:20 PM
I want to go but i dont know if the track alows quads and al the people i know that ride are bikes.

10-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Call them up or ask people with bikes if they allow quads

CHAUNCY
10-29-2002, 07:41 PM
I was there like 2 years ago just trail riding and they closed half of the park and the whole track off for some grand prix. It was pretty kool cuzz i saw quads and stuff like that on the track.