PDA

View Full Version : lrd chrome pipe

07-31-2001, 05:42 PM
hey does anyone has a LRD complete chrome system if so how loud are they and are they a good pipe

400exRacerX
07-31-2001, 08:40 PM
i dont have one but i have heard and seen them before, its a very loud pipe and from when i rode the quad it seems to have very good power gains.

fourwhls
08-02-2001, 11:08 AM
I have the lrd system and am happy with it for the time being. It works great with a stock motor. I have found that after I did all the motor work that the lrd limits my top end. The diameter of the head pipe is too small. A friend of mine is running the same exact bike, with the engine work done by the same person and his bike has more pull in the higher rpms. He is running the Curtis Sparts system. Do some homework before you go dumping that much money into exaust.

Giz400ex
08-03-2001, 10:01 AM
I also have the LRD pipe and I love it!!! Big gains in the low and mid and not sure about top because where I live the only way to check out top end is to go on the highway!!!! As for fourwhls, LRD does make a pipe for motors that are not stock!!! Check on his website or in the mag for prices or give him a call and maybe you can exchange it for the BigBore pipe???? www.lrdperformance.com

08-31-2001, 07:35 PM
i have the LRD full chrome exhaust and o like it alot. it is the loudest thing on the river bank where we drag race and i get comments on how people love it all the time. i plan o n just gettiong the head pipe when i get my engin modded this winter. buy it man.

trx400ex
08-31-2001, 08:15 PM
just the head pipe? the silencer is were all the restriction is buddy:)

08-31-2001, 08:51 PM
well buddy, since you like to bring that stuff up, the head pipe diameter is where the restriction is when you builkd the motor up. the silencer is not gonna be a problem. it is pretty much a straight throgh design. i mean if the reverse megaphone wasnt on there you could see right through it. it is loud and that is why it is loud. the headpipe only comment was for the bigger engine mods that i am gonna do and i dint see the can as the problem, just a bigger better flowing head pipe. buddy.:devil