PDA

View Full Version : Same motor (525)?

TOPDAWG
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Anybody know if the 2008 Outlaw 525 S has the same motor as the 525XC KTM?

GE4x4
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Spec wise the engine's are the same, but the KTM has a better adjustable CDI and a better exhaust, so produces a couple more HP.

hondarider110
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
yes they are.. ktm owns part of polaris and they put there motors in there arc frames. the 450 motors are also the same

mudrunner35
08-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by hondarider110
yes they are.. ktm owns part of polaris and they put there motors in there arc frames. the 450 motors are also the same

polaris bought part of ktm. the bigger company always buys a part or the whole smaller company. thats why polaris put a ktm engine in the 525 instead of ktm making a quad with a polaris engine.. which would be embarassingly stupid

patrickj75
08-30-2007, 07:38 AM
actually KTM bought back their stock now so they are a seperate company again. Polaris just buys motors from KTM.

54warrior
08-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by patrickj75
actually KTM bought back their stock now so they are a seperate company again. Polaris just buys motors from KTM.

Correct!

hondarider110
08-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mudrunner35
polaris bought part of ktm. the bigger company always buys a part or the whole smaller company. thats why polaris put a ktm engine in the 525 instead of ktm making a quad with a polaris engine.. which would be embarassingly stupid

I stand corrected.. i really didnt pay much attention to it i hate polaris atv's there only good for snowmoiles.. but when i turn 17 im buying a ktm.

patrickj75
08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by hondarider110
I stand corrected.. i really didnt pay much attention to it i hate polaris atv's there only good for snowmoiles.. but when i turn 17 im buying a ktm.

i've got a really nice 450R for sale!

GE4x4
08-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75

Actually Polaris still owns 5%. KTM bought back 20% Here is the report.

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 20, 2007--Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:PII) announced that its Austrian subsidiary had completed the first closing of its sale of shares of KTM Power Sports AG ("KTM") to a subsidiary of KTM's largest shareholder, Cross Industries AG ("Cross"), under the terms of a previously announced agreement dated December 22, 2006. Approximately 1.11 million shares were delivered at a purchase price of approximately 47.0 million Euros. The December 2006 agreement provides for the completion of the sale of approximately 0.27 million additional shares of KTM stock on or before June 15, 2007. Upon completion of that transaction, Polaris will then hold approximately 0.34 million KTM shares, representing slightly less than 5 percent of KTM's outstanding shares. Polaris intends to utilize the proceeds generated from the closing completed today to reduce the outstanding balance of the Company's revolving credit facility.

PlayHard
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Actually Polaris still owns 5%. KTM bought back 20% Here is the report.

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 20, 2007--Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:PII) announced that its Austrian subsidiary had completed the first closing of its sale of shares of KTM Power Sports AG ("KTM") to a subsidiary of KTM's largest shareholder, Cross Industries AG ("Cross"), under the terms of a previously announced agreement dated December 22, 2006. Approximately 1.11 million shares were delivered at a purchase price of approximately 47.0 million Euros. The December 2006 agreement provides for the completion of the sale of approximately 0.27 million additional shares of KTM stock on or before June 15, 2007. Upon completion of that transaction, Polaris will then hold approximately 0.34 million KTM shares, representing slightly less than 5 percent of KTM's outstanding shares. Polaris intends to utilize the proceeds generated from the closing completed today to reduce the outstanding balance of the Company's revolving credit facility.

This is correct. It is absurd how many people formulate opinions from other peoples opinions eh? These two companies are aligned going forward. Good for both companies.

patrickj75
08-31-2007, 06:19 AM
my info came from my KTM dealer who is also one of eight people on the dealer advisory board. he said they are officially seperate again....

GE4x4
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
There seperate as they will do there own thing, but they still share things. I would bet there are a few things on the KTM that will bolt right on the Outlaw. Some of the KTM parts look just like the Outlaw and Pred parts.