PDA

View Full Version : 05 Hrc, Lidless Motoworks Pipe And Filter

AZTRX
08-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok. Jetting help. I'm looking at buying the Dyno Jet kit tonight, but not sure that I need the whole thing. I've read a bit over the jetting questions, but not finding definite answers, and everyone has different setups. This sounds like a good rule of thumb:

"All that is necessary is a main, needle and a pilot. The HRC needle is preferred."

If that's the case, then I don't need the whole kit, but where would I go to look for these things individually? I'm going to have someone do it for me, and show how it's done, but I want to have the right stuff for when I go over there. Wanted some experience from the board, so I can get it right!

HRC kit, stock airbox; no lid, motoworks airfilter and pipe, 42 tooth rear, duner bike mostly, but run in the desert too.
Also, will jetting need to be changed if I put on a rev box?

Thanks!!

AZTRX
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
alrighty, well thanks for nothin. I'll let u know how it comes out.

drchoicey
12-03-2007, 09:25 PM
hey dude,
is that that "no-oil" filter you're using?
hows that working for you?

400exrider707
12-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by AZTRX
This sounds like a good rule of thumb:

"All that is necessary is a main, needle and a pilot. The HRC needle is preferred."

The only rule of thumb when jetting is trial and error. No one can tell you what jets you will need. We may be able to get you in the ballpark as far as jetting goes, but temperature and altitude will also play a role in your jetting, and dont forget, every motor is different, there are no two motors the same, so for anyone to say a specific setup will work, they have no idea. Obviously all that is necessary is a main, needle and pilot, because those are the only jets you can change on the 04/05 carbs. You can adjust the fuel screw too, but you dont have to purchase another one.