View Full Version : 350pv question

waddle
08-27-2007, 01:57 PM
im waiting on my new quad, which has an LRD 350pv top end, but im getting kind of nervous, as i read some of these posts, that are saying i may have some reliability, problems, issues, or whatever,,,, is this thing going to be ok guys?lol

RichM1983
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I dont see why you would have any reliability problems. From what I've read all the big bores are just are reliable as the stock cylinders. I think you'll be fine as long as you maintain it like its supposed to be.

800screws
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
the only thing the 350 is going to do is show the weaknesses in the lower end. if the crank is bad or the tranny has anything wrong with it, the extra power will bring it to light much quicker.

redrooster310r
08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
yup. fer sure. look at lower end ... redo crank bearings and seals....etc. no reliability issues son. its a honda

wilkin250r
08-28-2007, 12:27 AM
You are confusing "less reliable" with "guarenteed to have problems at some point or another".

Let's say 5 out of 100 have problems with the stock motor. And 20 out of 100 have problems with a 350. The average says the 350 is less reliable, right?

But there are still 80 people that didn't have problems with their 350. To THOSE PEOPLE, it was just as "reliable" as stock.

So, by proper maintenance, change your fluids, rebuild on time, check all your tolerances when you rebuild, you greatly increase your chances of being one of those 80 people.

Yes, the chances of issues increase. But it's still a far cry from guarenteed.

waddle
08-29-2007, 08:27 AM
thanks guys, that makes me feel better,,, what kind of time frame do you guys use for rebuilds with the big bores?????

racerx573
08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
I do a rebuild mid season... well actually I just swap motors and do them both at the same time over the winter, lol. But Every 10 hours or so is the recommended... however, depending on how hard you are on it, the time frame gets more frequent. You could even just re-ring it 1/4 season, and new piston 1/2 season, then new rings again 3/4 season, and a full rebuild post season.

Make sure you have at least a Hinson basket too. If possible go for the full clutch set up... and some CR500 springs. And if you really have cash to spend, get yourself an 8 plate.

As long as you don't let routine maintainence go to the wayside anything can last forever. I know guys who complain about stuff always breaking, but then again they go 5 races without even changing their oil... let alone checking it before a ride.. just do the regular stuff, oil, plug check, etc, etc. you'll be just as reliable as a stock motor.

redrooster310r
08-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
You are confusing "less reliable" with "guarenteed to have problems at some point or another".

Let's say 5 out of 100 have problems with the stock motor. And 20 out of 100 have problems with a 350. The average says the 350 is less reliable, right?

But there are still 80 people that didn't have problems with their 350. To THOSE PEOPLE, it was just as "reliable" as stock.

So, by proper maintenance, change your fluids, rebuild on time, check all your tolerances when you rebuild, you greatly increase your chances of being one of those 80 people.

Yes, the chances of issues increase. But it's still a far cry from guarenteed. yeah. what he said. i have a stock frame.... gusset one if ur gonna race ... or big jumps