PDA

View Full Version : DRR transmission

riding4fun
08-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I keep reading that the DRR and others including the Apex have the same transmission. If that is true why don't I hear of more transmissions breaking, gears etc...

What is available to strengthen the transmission?

This is my education for the day.

Thanks

Nevermind I found the info I was looking 4
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301940

bulldogfallon
08-27-2007, 08:45 PM
DRR is working on somethings that have not been listed in the link you posted.

After they are tested I will post results

ecmini1
08-27-2007, 09:22 PM
We carry a kit with every thing need to stop breakage. Comes with Press in bushing, case saver and sprocket. Cant count how many we have repaired with super results.

jetmedic
08-28-2007, 07:20 AM
You can use an INA NK25-20 needle bearing to replace stock along with a tranny saver. This will eliminate the friction of a bushing but still not bullet proof nothing is. whatever you use change gears every 4 motos thats what I am going to do. 2 of us broke gears running 1-2 last weekend using both combinations of needle bearings and bushings.

Andyman17dad
08-28-2007, 07:33 AM
YUP, had the best run ever going too!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :( :( :(

sldhd700
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
We installed ecmini s bushing and have had no problems. One bike we run against just broke a second set two weeks ago running the new bearing. We have over ten motos, practice time and dune trips on this bike since we installed the bushing with no issues. Maybe Shayden doesnt push as hard but with his record I would have to wonder. Now watch I probably jinxed him. Go with the bushing mod.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
08-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by jetmedic
You can use an INA NK25-20 needle bearing to replace stock along with a tranny saver. This will eliminate the friction of a bushing but still not bullet proof nothing is.

We have ran into the same thing and have that needle bearing as well.
We have everything fresh and new and was very close to losing another tranny this past race that only had two races on it. (done a tear down and found this out a couple days ago)

Also,the shaft and the bearing pushes into the tranny cover bending the washer on the inside.
Has anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem?

ecmini1
08-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
We installed ecmini s bushing and have had no problems. One bike we run against just broke a second set two weeks ago running the new bearing. We have over ten motos, practice time and dune trips on this bike since we installed the bushing with no issues. Maybe Shayden doesnt push as hard but with his record I would have to wonder. Now watch I probably jinxed him. Go with the bushing mod.

Shayden Housley #39

Glad to hear you all are doing well.

humboldt hills
08-29-2007, 05:58 AM
We just broke our first set of gears in the drr after 5 months while practicing MX. We usually race Harescrambles. We will be testing the new forged gears. They will be in today. I will give you a full report.
I know it has been said over and over again, but if the kids would stay off the gas while in the air, they would never break.

QuadJunkies
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by humboldt hills
I know it has been said over and over again, but if the kids would stay off the gas while in the air, they would never break.
There is alot of truth to that, but thats not sole cause for it to go.
Ive seen them go regardless .
All the mods to the tranny help, but even with all the mods to the tranny,nothing seems to fully remedy the problem either for some .

riding4fun
08-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ecmini1
We carry a kit with every thing need to stop breakage. Comes with Press in bushing, case saver and sprocket. Cant count how many we have repaired with super results.

Ok, I'll put it on the list of things to do. Thanks

humboldt hills
09-02-2007, 07:09 AM
we got the new tranny gears in this week.
You have to put an 18 tooth front sprocket on to get back to the stock gearing since the new gears give it more top end.
The girl that rides the drr90 is not very forgiving on the throttle when she is in the air, but she has rode the mx track hard for the last 2 days and everything still sounds smooth. Soo far soo good.
Will give you another update after the Labor Day Mx Race.

bulldogfallon
09-02-2007, 07:48 AM
We have a set that will be tested in the coming week as well...

I'll post our results as well

hotquads1
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Unfortunatly this is a common problem in most racing mini's , so alot of great minds are hard at work and a solution is just around the corner , I'm sure. until then replacing the stock needle bearing and adding a case saver has been proven to be the most reliable for us, and most importantly a little driver training.
marc

ecmini1
09-03-2007, 03:26 PM
You can run the hardest gears out thats not the problem. The problems on the needle bearing. Once the bearing gets a little wear it allows the shaft to walk around and the gears dont mesh properly and when they pull apart the teeth break.

We have fix many transmissions due to this problem. The bushing supports the hole shaft inside the trans and the tranny saver supports the outter shaft. Can it still break sure it can their are kids out there that can break a anvil with a rubber malet but its 10x beter than doing nothing at all.

Thats why we put together the kit to make it simple to protect your transmissions.