PDA

View Full Version : rhino recall

smr
08-27-2007, 06:22 AM
This may be old news. I heard that yamaha is getting huge lawsuits over the rhino. They have stopped all sales and will be recalling all rhinos to add a brace to the bottom to hold your leg in.

Does anybody know if this is true?

YZ400EX
08-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by smr
This may be old news. I heard that yamaha is getting huge lawsuits over the rhino. They have stopped all sales and will be recalling all rhinos to add a brace to the bottom to hold your leg in.

Does anybody know if this is true?

You will be getting a letter in the mail soon if you own a Rhino.. They will be sent out today, 08/27. The letters were mailed to the dealers on 08/23. They basically state that Yamaha will be placing doors and a new handle/grip system on the Rhino for free.. This is NOT a recall. The decisions to have these added to your Rhino are at your own discretion. If you have any mods that do not allow simple install of the parts then they must be removed by the owner prior to these items being added.. it is NOT requirement to have anything added, but if you want them you schedule an appointment and the dealer will supply and install the parts for free.

Hope this helps:D

Ralph
08-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Its True, yamaha just called my buddy today

beaker1214
08-31-2007, 07:34 AM
yeah I already have some coming, I have no idea what they will look like, but they are free and if I don't like them ill just take them off! :D

YZ400EX
08-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by beaker1214
yeah I already have some coming, I have no idea what they will look like, but they are free and if I don't like them ill just take them off! :D

Here is the info and what the doors and passenger handle look like.. I got my letter in the mail today..:D

http://www.fbox.net/downloads/Rhinodoor.pdf

ThePhantomRider
09-10-2007, 02:59 PM
They are not bad, I just wish they looked like this.....

YZ400EX
09-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
They are not bad, I just wish they looked like this.....

Yea no kidding.. if they would have looked like that I would have scrapped my J-strong doors and got some!!!