PDA

View Full Version : time for new phones

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Our Cell phone contract is up next month and Im ready to explore another carrier.
I currently have T-mobile and will be making ther switch to Verizon since I travel alot now and it seems to have better coverage.
I dont travel with a laptop, but thought this might be fun to have as Ill be adding Internet to my phone .
Anyone have one and if so, how do you like it ?
I cant help myself .....ITS ORANGE lol :p
http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/lg_env_orange.jpg

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I think we will be adding Kelsey to the plan now since shes getting older and takes off abit more from home now .
It only seems fitting that Kelsey is getting this one :D
http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/lg_chocolate_mint.jpg

troyleepred719
08-26-2007, 09:21 PM
verizon is a good carrier, but the env isnt such a great phone, i had it, and it doesnt do so well, it gets annoying to use,and it has crappy coverage, i would go with something else....

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 09:21 PM
any pros or cons to either phone??
Im not much of a cell user, but I am finding alot more use for them since past year.

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
verizon is a good carrier, but the env isnt such a great phone, i had it, and it doesnt do so well, it gets annoying to use,and it has crappy coverage, i would go with something else....
Really??!! Well, thats good to know.
So when you say the ocverage isnt good, isnt that more of the service provder than the phone?
Again, Im not too into phones so Im learning as I go.

Damn.... I really liked that phone too :(

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
from my own phones, i've had 2 carries, alltel first, and verizon.. the carriers have sum affect on ur signal but i think ur phones reception comes into play big time on picking up the signals from the cell phone towers and satellites.. but thats my on .02 cents..

btw.. verizon kick alltels *** .. and i love my krazr

WhiteZrider
08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I love my env..Ive fell on it and stuff and its still going good. I've never had a problem with it, Great phone if you text alot :p

Ghost-Rider
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Definitely go verizon, Avoid the nice fancy phones if they are going to get any abuse.

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
I love my env..Ive fell on it and stuff and its still going good. I've never had a problem with it, Great phone if you text alot :p
I dont ever text.. I figure its just the same as picking up the phne and calling :confused:
Kelsey does though. But I guess if I ever needed to ,the EnV looks like it would be simpler to use for those of us that dont use it much.:o :p

I have great service with T-mobile, but my Hubby works out of the area alot where he does not get much service-Verizon does service those areas.
And since a majority of peeps I know use Verizon-LESS MINUTES USED!! :D
Hows the Internet work with the phones?
Its it pretty fast and easy to use?

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Definitely go verizon, Avoid the nice fancy phones if they are going to get any abuse.
Thats why my Ole man is getting the Free Bee :p
Hes hard on phones, mine still looks pretty new.

Ghost-Rider
08-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Yea, i have the LG version of the Razr, it was messing up a week ago really bad as in reception, i got fed up and so pissed while it was open ( lost a call) i slammed it as hard as i could against my desk screen down, it is fine, keep losing calls and i ended up chucking it at the ground, and its fine....So i guess its a decent phone.

mineralgrey01gt
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
ever thought about AT&T? I have it and its wonderful on service, the blackberry cell phones are awesome. I have a blackberry pearl and its the best phone ive had yet (and i have had quite a few lol) Also, I never roam. I very rarely lose service.

QuadJunkies
08-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
ever thought about AT&T? I have it and its wonderful on service, the blackberry cell phones are awesome. I have a blackberry pearl and its the best phone ive had yet (and i have had quite a few lol) Also, I never roam. I very rarely lose service.
No, I have no interest in AT&T,but thanks! :)
I have free roaming as well ;)

MX MaNiAc 06
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I have only had this phone since june but its awesome! So many bells and whistles i cant even understand. haha It was in my pocket during my gnarly wreck i broke my femur. Not a scratch. haha

07250ex
08-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Our Cell phone contract is up next month and Im ready to explore another carrier.
I currently have T-mobile and will be making ther switch to Verizon since I travel alot now and it seems to have better coverage.
I dont travel with a laptop, but thought this might be fun to have as Ill be adding Internet to my phone .

my buddy has one ... i dont like it the best phone for online/txt/email is the sidekick 3 ... but i have the dopest fone for regular stuff motorola slvr its an ipod as well and plays out loud

07250ex
08-26-2007, 11:36 PM
No, I have no interest in AT&T,but thanks! :)
I have free roaming as well ;)

Don't know why you have no interest in AT&T its awesome

Ace Sixx
08-27-2007, 02:10 AM
I would stay away from phones that double as portable music devices. Battery life being the issue.

I've had Verizon for eleven or twelve years and have always had good service from them.

mx1791
08-27-2007, 03:16 AM
AT&T blows and so do there phones, they're all fragile. i wish my parents didnt get rid of verizon for them. i dont know much about the enV but i used to have the V (old version) and it was good so i cant imagine the new one being too bad..

mephyst
08-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Verizon has the best service by far...

To answer your internet question- On the enV and regular type phones I hate it. It's not worth the money... It uses a crappy program for the internet browser.

If you want internet on one of your phones get a blackberry or a phone with windows on it. Then the web pages actually browse more like a normal computer and everything.

I had the motorola Q for awhile (crap phone, but I heard the newer version is a lot better) and the internet worked flawlessly. It was high speed and worked very well.

QuadJunkies
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
Verizon has the best service by far...

To answer your internet question- On the enV and regular type phones I hate it. It's not worth the money... It uses a crappy program for the internet browser.

If you want internet on one of your phones get a blackberry or a phone with windows on it. Then the web pages actually browse more like a normal computer and everything.

I had the motorola Q for awhile (crap phone, but I heard the newer version is a lot better) and the internet worked flawlessly. It was high speed and worked very well.

07250ex~~
I have had issues with AT&T in the past and thats why I dont want to go there again. ;)
So tell me about the Blackberry!!
Im not sure what it is, I have heard of it ,but no onthing about it .
Yes, Internet would be helpful to me so a phone thats got a good history with using it will be important to me .
Is it expensive?

300excrazy98
08-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I would highly advise not going with Verizon!!! It has gone down hill that last year. I would go with Cingular/ AT&T while you have the choice.

As far as phones, I have the New TREO with Microsoft XP on it. The EnV is better for txting, not internet. I would go with any of the smart phones, for the internet, or a blackberry.

Oh and I have verizon, and its horrible.

beaker1214
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I have no problems at all with verizon to this day, I have a Motorola Q and love it its great for getting on the internet, the only thing that sucks is that I don't get the Ev-Do network here in southern Ill which is alot faster, but its great for checking my email and what not.

QuadJunkies
08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 300excrazy98
I would highly advise not going with Verizon!!! It has gone down hill that last year. I would go with Cingular/ AT&T while you have the choice.

As far as phones, I have the New TREO with Microsoft XP on it. The EnV is better for txting, not internet. I would go with any of the smart phones, for the internet, or a blackberry.

Oh and I have verizon, and its horrible.
Verizon services a large majority of where my ole man works so Verizon is where Ill have to go. He is struggling with no toweres where he is at and Verizon is it. They seems to have the most towers out there .Otherwise, I would have stayed with T mobile.

m.h.s.c.#527
08-27-2007, 10:58 AM

my friend has i hate it

trick450r
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
verizon all the way QJ, you really cant go wrong...also if the old man is tough on phones get him the gzone, its pricey but its worth every penny, waterproof, shock proof, dust proof. I had a raza for about 6 months then it broke and i went through 3 phones in 90 days untill i got this 2 months ago and its not even scratched.

07250ex
08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ace Sixx
I would stay away from phones that double as portable music devices. Battery life being the issue.

I've had Verizon for eleven or twelve years and have always had good service from them.

my battery is fine playing music it can play music longer then it can talk

MOFO
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
In my area, Verizon is king - in terms of coverage and reliablity.

If you want something that will be used for texting or heavy e-mails, look at a blackberry. Nothing is more solid or works better than a Blackberry when it comes to e-mails/texting.

KXRida
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM

true, or just keep taking them back. My Krazr is an absolute piece of crap, but every time it acts up, I take it back and motorola has a 1 year warranty on their phones, so verizon gives me a new one.

KXRida
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM

true, or just keep taking them back. My Krazr is an absolute piece of crap, but every time it acts up, I take it back and motorola has a 1 year warranty on their phones, so verizone gives me a new one.

trx400EXtreme
08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
my buddy has one ... i dont like it the best phone for online/txt/email is the sidekick 3 ... but i have the dopest fone for regular stuff motorola slvr its an ipod as well and plays out loud yea i have the slvr and i LOVE it. the only bad thing is that they discontinued it so u have no choice bit to buy online.

Scro
08-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Whatever you do, don't buy a Chocolate...they may have fixed them now, but mine is absolutely horrible...and I'm supposed to have the upgraded model:rolleyes:

The touchscreen buttons are a hassle, and the menu will scroll through by itself sometimes. When it does this you have to close it and open it back up. On top of that, the touchscreen doesn't work most of the time. It doesn't matter if you tap it, or beat the hell out of it, it just don't work. This requires you to turn the phone completely off in order to reset it. Battery life is nonexistent, even when you don't use the music feature. You can buy an extended life battery, but I don't see why anyone would want to put any money into these.

I'm going back to a simple flip phone probably very soon. I haven't checked, but if anybody else has complained, please let me know how Verizon/LG handled it.

rtm1216
08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I've had Sprint for the last 7 years and have never had a problem. Signal is always strong and if you do decide to use the internet a lot they have, by far, the fastest speeds. Check out the HTC Mogul, I have it and love it - Windows Mobile 6.0 / EVDO Rev A, it really can't be beat.

Edit: I forgot to add, if you know anyone who works at Sprint, get their email address and and sign-up for their SERO plan.

http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprint/epc/epclanding.asp

500 anytime minutes w/ UNLIMITED DATA / TEXT for $30 / month.

Just go to a Sprint store, grab one of the sales people's card and use their email address to sign-up if you don't know an employee.

AtvMxRider
08-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Tina my wife has that phone. She likes it.

400EXtreme
08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Do not get the chocolate everyones i no has broken. I no people who have gone through 4-5 of them. They break to easily.

user101
08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I have the Samsung Blackjack and i really like it. It has good battery life, good phone for texting, one of the best camera phones i have ever seen, interent is easy to use, big high resolution screen, the only complaint i have is the small amount of memory it has. Oh and if you have fat fingers this phone is not the phone for you(no offense)

CDALEMX301
08-27-2007, 09:24 PM
So I am not gonna say I am the master of cell phones by any means but I do work at a Best Buy in the wireless department and activate cell phones all day long...In terms of coverage between companies it all depends where you are...Verizon and ATT are by far the best around here with Sprint a very distant second...Sprints features seem to be way better but there service blows....At Best Buys right now Verizon is offering free activation...ATT is nice with rollover minutes but people tend to prefer verizon around hear less dropped calls and better customer service...

In terms of Phones DO NOT buy a Chocolate I broke 4 of them in a month ended up paying full retail and buying the Samsung SCHU-740 Samsungs competitor to the ENv....The Env is a great phone my GF has the first gen. of it and it has good battery life and good reception...My new Samsung is awesome keyboard is a little small but you get used to it...One of the best phones I have ever had...and I have not heard any customers complain about it yet...

I would say the two biggest complaints I here are the Razr's battery life blows and the Chocolates flat out suck whether it be issues with the phone doing random things or it being to easy to break the screen the Chocolate seems to have all the issues...Verizon did revamp the Chocolate though moved the send and end buttons to the inside of the phone and sell it now with a memory card and cable to put MP3s on it....Hasn't been out long enough to really hear any goods or bads about it yet though....

m.h.s.c.#527
08-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by user101
I have the Samsung Blackjack and i really like it. It has good battery life, good phone for texting, one of the best camera phones i have ever seen, interent is easy to use, big high resolution screen, the only complaint i have is the small amount of memory it has. Oh and if you have fat fingers this phone is not the phone for you(no offense)

Did you know about the $20 memory card for the blackjack

ricksmx865
08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
i have the orange env now... its a pretty decent phone i like it... got a lot of nice features and ive always had great luck with the lg model phones...

cant go wrong with verizon either, great carrier imo

QuadJunkies
08-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
Do not get the chocolate everyones i no has broken. I no people who have gone through 4-5 of them. They break to easily.
Im assuming thats the same as the mint chocolate?

Oh man.... now Im really not sure what to get. Seems like almot all the phones are a .P.O.S:rolleyes: :p
That Blackberry is pretty spendyI heard!! :eek2:
Ill have to rethink this I guess. :(

Ghost-Rider
08-28-2007, 12:22 AM
QJ, just go to the verizon store, look at the phones and decide what you MUST have on your phone, find the phone with those things and toy around with phones in that area, chances are if you buy a fragile phone that does 100 things you won't even know what half the stuff is, let alone have a use for it.