PDA

View Full Version : best exhaust?

is4baja
08-26-2007, 04:15 PM
im sorry if this thread has already been posted...i just bought an 04 trx450r stock..what is the best exhaust out there that will make it sound like a monster and give me the most horsepower gain?

BlaineKaiser450
08-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Well i have a Weapon Mx exhaust and i love it. It sounds almost exactly like a yoshimuria and i noticed a pretty big bottom end gain and some on the mid. It looks sick too! www.weaponmx.com

BlaineKaiser450
08-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
Well i have a Weapon Mx exhaust and i love it. It sounds almost exactly like a yoshimuria and i noticed a pretty big bottom end gain and some on the mid. It looks sick too! www.weaponmx.com sorry for got pics
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Pictures10-14-06142.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/BlaineKaiser450/Pictures10-14-06143.jpg

XXXRACER165
08-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Rossier Exhausts make big power gains and have a big bark.

yoshi470
08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
i love my hst pipe...great power....great looks....great sound.....great craftsminship.....wat more could you ask for in a pipe???

400exrider707
08-26-2007, 06:46 PM
That weapon looks awesome off of the quad, but on it, it looks way too long, just doesn't look right. JMO

Rossier/DASA/Sparks.... these are very good pipes.

is4baja
08-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
That weapon looks awesome off of the quad, but on it, it looks way too long, just doesn't look right. JMO

Rossier/DASA/Sparks.... these are very good pipes.

yeah i cheked out their page and the exhaust looks awesome but yeah i think its a little too long..

400exrider707 have you heard which of those three that you mentioned is the best? i havent had any luck finding dyno tests on the top exhaust brands

HB-Roost
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
As mentioned, Dasa, Rossier, and Sparks are the "big 3" that you should be looking at. All produce great power, and have a great sound. All of the pipes make great power all around....the DASA having the greatest top, the Sparks bottom, and the Rossier just a little under the DASA all the way through (on the earlier models). On the newer bikes it is a bit different.....

There are a couple dynos in the dyno section and on 450r.org if you want to look there.

IMO, Rossier is the best bang for your buck (cheapest by far, usually followed by DASA and then Sparks when buying new). The Sparks has the best bark, but the DASA has the most unique sound (Very nice for both).

So basically, what it comes down to is where you want the power and what you like. All of them are excellent choices (amongst many others not mentioned, but which are still good systems...like HMF). Good luck.

XXXRACER165
08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
I just want to throw one more exhaust into the mix, a lot of pro riders used this pipe to win, Yoshi RS-7

allstock
08-26-2007, 09:54 PM
dasa but sparks and rossier are nice too

reptikes
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I just put a Rossier on my 04' and i love it.

Sjorge450R
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
cant beat a Rossier. $400 shipped from KB motorsports. alot better than the price of a sparks or a dasa, and after talking to alot of people on here, the rossier is the best way to go. And if you need to quiet it down, all you have to do is getting the super trapp discs for the back.

is4baja
08-27-2007, 08:39 AM
i see some of you are mentioning the price and which one is cheaper..for everyone who mentioned a price..would you still choose that exhaust even is the money wasnt an issue? because if i find the best exhaust out there im willing to pay for it..im not going to pay a lot of money for something that is decent, but i will for an exhaust that seems to be the best in everyone's point of view..

Jersey450R
08-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I love my DG Bullet. 350 for a full system and the pipe made wicked gains over a HMF.

ESrider
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I love my Rossier short can, but I believe the DASA and Sparks are right there as well. The Sparks big core is a good competitor, but a little louder than the others.

reptikes
08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I didn't care about money when i got my Rossier. The majority of the people on here kept coming up with 2 names - Rossier & Sparks. So i called Rossier and asked him about his pipe and Sparks. And instead of just tring to sell me a pipe, he told me that his pipe compared to some of the other big name pipe makers was about the same. So i talked with him for a while and came up with $580 shipped for a Rossier Full Exhaust, HRC Jet Kit, Stage 2 Hot Cam. And i am so glad i went with it. The power is ******* awesome, it the sound is second to none.

I ride with about 5 close friends and the have White Brothers, 2 - Pro Circuit, Sparks, and Yoshiruma. The only one i liked out of them was the Sparks. And one of the Pro Circuits are switching to Rossier!

jason_david1
08-27-2007, 11:27 AM
everyone has there own opinion. different pipes are made for different applications and it all depends on what kind of riding you will be doing.

Sjorge450R
08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ESrider
I love my Rossier short can, but I believe the DASA and Sparks are right there as well. The Sparks big core is a good competitor, but a little louder than the others.

yea thats the only thing. The Rossier, is the loudest of them all, but like i said before, all you need to get is the Supertrapp discs and they bolt up.

AZTRX
08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I just installed my motoworks pipe last night! It looks awesome. I took the spark arrestor out and it sounds GooooD!! haven't ridden it yet, cause I don't have the filter changed out yet, and my buddy told me not to run it w/out rejetting it first. But all the guys I ride the dunes with ride the Rossier. I wanted to go different. The pipe looks alot cleaner, I'm going with their filter, so it seemed like the right thing to do, I picked it up for the same price as the Rossier, and I like the customer service I get from the Company.
Whatever you go with, I'm sure it'll be worth the investment!:D :macho

ryann mx68
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
my vote....dasa
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/ryannconstruct/DSC00539.jpg

Flyin-Low
08-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I hate these threads.. just because everyone just mindlessly says to buy what they bought with no reasoning behind it.

The choice is up to you, Rossier, Dasa and Sparks are the best performers out right now. They are all so similar that you probably won't notice a difference in power, so it's pretty much whatever one you think looks the best.

I bought the Rossier because people said that their customer service is second to none (and it truly is) and the construction of the pipe was bulletproof. Also the Supertrapp end cap bolts right up and can quite it down to 96 dB's with no loss of horse power.

-Martin

AZTRX
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
SHOW OFF! haha, nice bike man! :devil:

ryann mx68
08-27-2007, 08:42 PM

i went with the dasa.... well to be diff, alot of rossi's and sparks around here. it uses a quiet-core system similar to yoshi, but can be installed/removed in about 10 seconds