PDA

View Full Version : LT-R450 "performance"

05Z400rdr
08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Well either this winter or next season or winter at the latest, I am wanting a little bit more out of my ltr because I am planning on getting really serious and involved in mx, possibly working my way to pro in the future.

I know for sure I am going to get a Yoshimura exhaust and either a powercommander or a fimak/pim. but i was wondering how much of a difference it would make to get a high compression piston in it, and if it is worth the money and if it is reliable.

I dont have much money after paying off my quad and my truck to my dad, so i have to be confident on what I want. And I don't want to get into serious engine work cuz 1st of all, i dont have the money to, and 2nd of all, idk if its just me but it seems like the more wild you go with your engine, the more problems you see with it.

so i guess i'm just asking your opinions on what i should do that would be well worth the money and reliable. i just want some more power so i can take more inside turns like when i race some "fully redone" quads at breezewood, they can easily take some inside turns and clear them, but i cant.

and all i have so far is the cherry bomb, baffle out of the stock exhaust, and lid off with a modquad filter kit with a k&n and outerwears...

Thanks,
Landon

MOTORIDER68
08-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Suspension will help you much more than motor. Dont waste your money on motor mods. If nothing else revalve and respring your shocks if you can't afford aftermarket. Good Luck.

450Rchaser
08-26-2007, 08:08 PM
A high comppiston w/ what I have done to mine would be pretty sick. I can romp on the throttle in 4th and it will pull the front tires w/o me trying to. It will even do it on loose dirt. I wanna do the 498 Ice cube but I may just go w/ a stock bore piston and cams. I ride w/ a guy on a 450r w/ an Athena 500kit and mine will wax him all day long

DEVINF450R
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
DONT BORE IF YOU PLAN ON MXin it... it won't be legal. I can outrun most built quads as far as power goes...they prob just know how to corner better...the thing that can make you go the fasted with the smallest amount of money is 1) SEAT TIME (practice) 2) SUSPENSION

05Z400rdr
08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I have my front suspension revalved, and I am planning on getting my rear redone too.

I ride as much as I can, I do have a lot of seat time, but can never have enough. There is always room for improvement.

I was just wonderin what I could do that will give me more noticable power and have it be reliable and not burn a whole in my pocket. And I plan on getting a full Yoshi exchaust too.

Thanks again! more replies always welcome.

Landon

450Rchaser
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
$30 Yoshi cherry bomb, remove airbox lid, remove stock exhaust baffle.

05Z400rdr
08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
$30 Yoshi cherry bomb, remove airbox lid, remove stock exhaust baffle.

got that already...in my first post :ermm:

450Rchaser
08-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Oh gotcha. Sprocket maybe.

05Z400rdr
08-28-2007, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Oh gotcha. Sprocket maybe.

I didn't think about that! What would be good for mx? down one in the front? I never dealt with changing sprockets so I dont know.

Thanks

jherbie28
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
most guys are running the 13 front. landon i watched dustin wimmer check out at breezewood today, you missed it man:( i talked to him for about 20minutes real cool guy. he was riding a bone stock motor just had a pipe, walsh frontend and fox shocks all the way around. i know hes a pro and all but man he hit the step up before the dinninghall table sideways and just railed the inside berm that dan built and dude just amazing fast:cool: sorry you missed it man, in sure pap will post some pics

FUELATV
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Pipe , FUELATV intake and a power commander then it will rip.

05Z400rdr
09-04-2007, 06:15 AM
thanks for the replies!

so would you recommend the 13t front? Yeah Josh...i got home from the mountains last night, got on here...and click on the Breezewood Labor Day thread...guess what I see...first picture...Dustim Wimmer... haha i was pretty mad. I wish so bad that I could have went, and now I have to wait either on a new axle or for mine to be straightened...stupid rocks at the mountains. haha. what happened to your bike I read in another thread on here??

jherbie28
09-04-2007, 04:46 PM
i had oil in the air box, blew back out of the crank case i suppose:confused: but it needs oil change, clean filter,and im going to get a couple new swirl filters, spark plugs. fouled plug

05Z400rdr
09-04-2007, 06:53 PM
wow that sucks! :ermm: btw...where do you get the fuel filters?...ive been told by a couple of people to change it often...but i dont even know if it needs it....:confused:

jherbie28
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM
barry would be the guy to talk to about the filters but i can get them cheap, order them from your dealer, they are called swirl filters they go in the sauser under the tank

05Z400rdr
09-07-2007, 08:14 PM
thanks Josh!...i'll jus call you sometime. hopefully we see each other at breezewood soon. you have some SICK lookback pics on here!!!

jherbie28
09-08-2007, 11:06 AM
hey man thanks, just give me a call