PDA

View Full Version : kicker problem

trick450r
08-26-2007, 12:25 PM
okay guys heres my problem, i rode my 450 up the street and back last week just to get it running because its been sitting, so i came back and shut it off, went out about 30 mins later to put it in my truck and the kicker wouldnt move? so immediatly i thought it was siezed so i kicked it a few more times and the 3rd time it kicked through smooth. So i kicked it a few more time and every 3rd kicked went through smooth. Eventually it started and i immediatly shut it off because i didnt want any more damage, i just wanted to be assured that it did still run. I spoke to my motor guy and he told me its probably and kickstart spindle problem, but i figured i'd run it buy you guys also.

Keep in mind the motor is completely built from top to bottom by dasa and then rebuilt by my personal motor guy, so this COULD be a stress related incident.

thanks guys

mikeB
08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
hmmm..

trick450r
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by mikeB
hmmm..

as you act like you have any idea what the problem is hah...oh that 65 i sold you is a 98' i think not a 99'

anyone else...specifically chad ha

speedfreaksguy
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
The first thing I would do is pull your spark plug and timing plug and try to turn the motor over manually. This will tell you if it's a motor problem or in the kickstarter itself.

trick450r
08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
The first thing I would do is pull your spark plug and timing plug and try to turn the motor over manually. This will tell you if it's a motor problem or in the kickstarter itself.

done that, and it runs perfect after you get it to start

trick450r
08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
okay i just went and pulled the plug again and it kicks mint...not sure why it didnt work last time.

trick450r
08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
okay guys i figured it all out...thanks anyway

what happened was i had a new rocker put it just rescently because mine was pretty flatspotted, so it was done for free in trade for letting the person borrow my stator cover because i have the crf ignition and he needed one for the weekend. So i just took the top end apart the when he put the rocker shaft in he never put in the snap ring on the end, so the shaft came out alittle and got beat to **** on the valve cover, pushed it back in with my thumb and all works fine. Thanks anyway guys

chad502ex
08-27-2007, 04:01 PM
good to see you found the problem..

what size engine is this DASA build?

trick450r
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
good to see you found the problem..

what size engine is this DASA build?

stock bore, stock stroke