PDA

View Full Version : Exriders.com/Cannondaleriders.com Merge?

400exNH
10-28-2002, 02:19 PM
What does EVERYONE think about merging cannondaleriders.com and exriders.com into one central site. Please cast your vote and comments. Thanks

10-28-2002, 02:25 PM
what would be the point in that? just more work for everyone.....everyone frequents both sites

wyndzer
10-28-2002, 02:51 PM
The whole idea is to have specific websites for different brands. Visit atvconnection for a site with multiple brands.

400exNH
10-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Come on, cast you votes and idea's.... I'm curious to what everyone thinks...

10-28-2002, 04:46 PM
i am down with it as long as all those c-dale riders dont think they are the coolest becuase they have a cdale, and they dont bash us honda owners. That would piss me off...

stocktires
10-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Not a good idea, C-daleriders was created to be a seperate forum so us honda riders dont have to seach throught c-dale threads, and c-dale riders dont have to look through endless amounts of honda threads.
Having a central "quadriders" forum would be kewl, then it could branch off the exriders, c-dale riders, ect.

Chef
10-28-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by MastaOfDisasta
i am down with it as long as all those c-dale riders dont think they are the coolest becuase they have a cdale, and they dont bash us honda owners. That would piss me off...

Yea, all the idiot guys from our board and all teh idiot guys from that board would start serious flame wars and it would turn into another ATV connection...leave it the way it is, its not worth it.

suck my pipe
10-28-2002, 05:15 PM
Dude that would suck, the forums would be all messed up and stuff you wouldnt be able to fund what you are looking for! Then the Canodale guys would start getting cocky bought there quads and flame and stuff then Honda loyal guys like me would have to fight back with them and it would be a headake for moderators and i duno but seriously a bad idea:devil

Godspeed
10-28-2002, 05:22 PM
I think there should be some sort of merging just to keep people from toggling back and forth. Not to mention it would raise overall activity on both sites. Just my opinion though.

AlaskaSpeed
10-28-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exNH
Come on, cast you votes and idea's.... I'm curious to what everyone thinks...

You already got an answer from a moderator at www.cannondaleriders.com when you asked this....was it not clear enough?

AlaskaSpeed
10-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
Dude that would suck, the forums would be all messed up and stuff you wouldnt be able to fund what you are looking for! Then the Canodale guys would start getting cocky bought there quads and flame and stuff then Honda loyal guys like me would have to fight back with them and it would be a headake for moderators and i duno but seriously a bad idea:devil

I seriously doubt that there are too many Cannondale owners that start flames about how much better their quad is than anyone elses. With a screen name like yours, the maturity level comes ringing through as well....JIM

Castor-426ex
10-28-2002, 05:51 PM
There aint gonna be no combination site....sheesh why didnt ya just Ask Ben? he would have told ya are you too lazy to hit a diff internet button? :huh

Team Outlaw #34
10-28-2002, 05:51 PM
well i woudln't think that that would be a good idea.....first youw ould probly want more than half of the users to have c dales which it isn't even close to half....i dont' think.....and another is that there is already a cdale site i think.....so it would be a bad idea.....................

400exNH
10-28-2002, 05:57 PM
Number of different opinions here. Nice. Jim, the reason I did a poll is to get everyone's thoughts and see what the majority was, and not just get a few meaningless user's opinions. Thanks for everyone's votes, keep em' coming.. Let's see the outcome

tants
10-28-2002, 05:57 PM
it would be stupid to combine them, just lead to flaming and bashing, the only reasonable thing to do is to link the sites togather... (like while u on exriders have a link on top to get to cdaleriders, ect. )

just my .02

10-28-2002, 06:00 PM
i think it would cause too many disputes over mine is better than yours..

"I seriously doubt that there are too many Cannondale owners that start flames about how much better their quad is than anyone elses. With a screen name like yours, the maturity level comes ringing through as well....JIM" :huh

Castor-426ex
10-28-2002, 06:38 PM
im a meaningless user...so if this is the case...why would you want 2 diff manufacturers on the same page? its better the way it is...

I guess when you think about it

thats why z400 central and exriders arent the same.....or atvconnection....or blah blah blah...Cannondale riders need their own forum...

Guy400
10-28-2002, 06:40 PM
I swear this already got answered somewhere??:D http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18

Castor-426ex
10-28-2002, 06:42 PM
the smack down has been applied

Guy400
10-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
the smack down has been applied Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or anything, that wasn't my intention. Ben created CDriders specifically for the purpose of giving the recent influx of Cannondale riders a place to go so we don't have to search through the Honda threads and vice versa. I'm sure some of the EXR members got sick of sifting through Cannondale threads on their Honda forum so I think it was mutually beneficial for everyone involved. Throw both sites in your favorites and they're only a click away:D

Castor-426ex
10-28-2002, 06:47 PM
oh cmon guy i know that behind that screen youre like "HaHa!!" prob doing a victory dance...:D

400exNH
10-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Wow so much hostility guys, didn't mean to touch your sensitive side.. lol

400exNH
10-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Castor , I was laughing the whole time.. haha

Ben
10-29-2002, 04:03 AM
Guy summed it up - I want to have two seperate sites for two different applications :) I want you guys to visit and enjoy both and I firmly believe that a merger would hurt both sites. Look for a GPS unit review today as well as the new links page later this afternoon :)

Ben

QuadTrix6
10-29-2002, 12:18 PM
its better to keep it all ex here, that way you don't have people interjecting all there cannondale thoughts here..well some of you do but thats ok :D

flyin#5
10-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 400exNH
What does EVERYONE think about merging cannondaleriders.com and exriders.com into one central site. Please cast your vote and comments. Thanks

holy crap you read my mind! i think it would be better but its up to ben and there is already 2 sites.