PDA

View Full Version : I know everyone is sick of this

400EXtreme
08-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I know everyone is sick of me posting about my ktm when something isnt right but ktm talk isnt really much of a help in the 2 stroke section. Well today i was riding and i was topped out in 6th gear for about 5-10 seconds and it was really hot out. And all of a sudden it just shut off. And at first while i was rolling i tried starting it and the kick starter was stuck but once i came to a stop i went to kick it again and it wasnt stuck. But now it wont start. It has a new top end on it that has about 1-2 hours on it. Pulled the plug out it had spark. Took apart my killswitch because ive been having problems with it getting stuck. Looked at it and you now how theres 2 wires going off to the left and the right, one of them the metal is like frayed which i think why the kill switch has givin me problems. But idk if that could be the problem or what. Its got coolant, oil, gas. Theres compression and stuff. Sorry about the long post. Thank you very much

250ex13
08-25-2007, 03:22 PM
the life of mark and his problems
LOL

400EXtreme
08-25-2007, 03:23 PM
:(

Joe400ex
08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
the life of mark and his problems
LOL

HAHA

400EXtreme
08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
tis true i could write a book on all the problems ive had with my bikes. I guess god doesnt want me to ride but that will never stop me.

DVXracer
08-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
that will never stop me.

Thats the spirit.

As for your problem ...

:confused:

250ex13
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
LMAO. mark, i don't know what to say. lmao. i love you dude. just wait 'till you pull off the milf whip, god will change his views then.

CRich[814]
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
odd. i have no idea unless you installed the piston/circlips wrong. one day i was riding down the road (to get to trails) in 5th gear like 1/3 throttle and my back tire locked up. so i though i siezed. pulled in the clutch and let the bike come to about 5 mph. threw it in first and let the clutch out and it started with no problem and has never done that again. i try not to think about bad things happening, if you do, they happen.

400EXtreme
08-25-2007, 04:32 PM
damn not really in the mood to pull apart the top end.

DVXracer
08-25-2007, 04:34 PM
damn not really in the mood to pull apart the top end.

At least its a 2 stroke ...

416exfreak
08-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
At least its a 2 stroke ...

AMEN!

I hate pulling my 440's top end off...its a pain in the arse...

As for your problem...you said something about a wire in your killswitch being frayed. Elimante possible cause number one by replacing that killswitch, if that doesnt fix it then buy a service manual and use the trouble shooting section in it.

As an added bonus, once youve purchased the service manual, its yours forever!:blah:

BTW...get a KTM manual...not a Clymer, ect, ect.

fatkid400
08-29-2007, 03:52 PM
If it has compresion then its not your top end. If ktm kill switchs are like hondas your grounding out and its not allowing the bike to start.try wraping the bars with electrical tape where your ks is.
If your wires are making any type of contact with any part of the bike or other wire then itll ground out.

400EXtreme
08-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by fatkid400
If it has compresion then its not your top end. If ktm kill switchs are like hondas your grounding out and its not allowing the bike to start.try wraping the bars with electrical tape where your ks is.
If your wires are making any type of contact with any part of the bike or other wire then itll ground out. ooo i see i just disconnected it let me try taking it comeplety off.

wilkin250r
08-29-2007, 04:55 PM
ooo i see i just disconnected it let me try taking it comeplety off.

This is my first suggestion. Take the kill switch out of the equation completely.

Next, it sounds like it could have siezed. It's not uncommon for seizures to lock up, but then free up again when they cool off. Some will even start and run, but the cylinder walls are usually badly scratched and scored, and continued running will soon result in failure for a number of reasons.

A compression test will usually tell you if your cylinder walls and rings are in good shape.

400EXtreme
08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
This is my first suggestion. Take the kill switch out of the equation completely.

Next, it sounds like it could have siezed. It's not uncommon for seizures to lock up, but then free up again when they cool off. Some will even start and run, but the cylinder walls are usually badly scratched and scored, and continued running will soon result in failure for a number of reasons.

A compression test will usually tell you if your cylinder walls and rings are in good shape. yea im gunna test it tomorrow hopefully thats my problem or else idk what else it would be.