PDA

View Full Version : Installing new seals for rear caliper

400exrapes
08-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I bought new seals for the rear caliper. My caliper is off I just dont know where to begin with the seals and everything. i got into small bump with my friend he hit me and i lost all my brake fluid in rear caliper and it was apperently the seals back there got messed up so i need help on what to do and stuff. Also what brake fluid should i buy cause i need to refill the brake fluid in the rear.

440challenger
08-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Take the caliper off...also the parking brake mechnaism or block off . Im guessing you got the two major seals and hopefully the small o ring that goes around the piston shaft to prevent brake fluid from leaking into the aprking brake side. Take a blow gun with a rubber tip and put it into the hole where you would put the banjo bolt into for the brake line.

Fill it up with compressed air and the piston will pop out. Make sure the piston is away from your face b/c they come out with alot of pressure. The small o ring that goes bad alot , gets installed through the backside where your parking brake block off bolts too.

If you have any questions i can grab you some pics ,etc. Im guessing the main thing you were asking was how to get the piston out, the rest is pretty self explanitory.

Dot 4 fluid :cool:

400exrapes
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
hah yeah i dont know what kind of blow gun i have really but yeah i got a seal kit well its coming i have caliper off and nac's parking brake off i will take that out. thanks man ill PM you if i have trouble