PDA

View Full Version : Protien and creatine supplements

HondaEXrider22
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey all you fitness freaks, I have a few questions.

I am about 5'9" 170ish. Almost 17 years old. I am starting to get into lifting, as I was never completely into it. I lift occasionally, but not on a routine. I am mostly looking to lose some body fat, and look a little more "cut". I am not gonna lie, I have a small lower gut and not the biggest arms on the planet.

I want to start make protein shakes and possibly creatine. I understand to do this, you make the shake with the recommended amount of supplement, lift for ?? how much time, and take another shake after lifting. During these times, you should drink alot of water to flush the creatine out of your ?kidneys? Also - 3 months on then 3 off?

As I know some of you lift, do you recommend this? Brands? Amount?

Anything at all you want to add, or direct I am very open to options.

Remember, I am mostly looking to shape my upper body. I have soccer and gym class for lower body.

Thanks for taking the time

400exstud
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I havn't heard anything good about creatine. It will make you get huge but all of the big football guys swear against it because it is really bad on your body. They compare it to steroids.

Ghost-Rider
08-25-2007, 12:36 AM
I'd stay away from creatine.

250ex13
08-25-2007, 12:47 AM
You guys really have no clue what you are talking about.
Stay away from creatine? well i guess you can't eat meat then.
Creatine making you huge? no.
Comparing it to steroids?:rolleyes:
C'mon

edit: before considering any supplement. i suggest you get a good routine and diet. you will see much better results from this, then taking supplements with a crappy diet and routine.

madskrillz2
08-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by 250ex13
You guys really have no clue what you are talking about.
Stay away from creatine? well i guess you can't eat meat then.
Creatine making you huge? no.
Comparing it to steroids?:rolleyes:
C'mon

edit: before considering any supplement. i suggest you get a good routine and diet. you will see much better results from this, then taking supplements with a crappy diet and routine.

THANK YOU. i hate when people dog creatine. given certain kinds of creatine aren't that great but you just have to know what to get. CREATINE ETHYL ESTER is the type you want to buy. stay away from creatine MONOHYDRATE. that will give you stomach cramps, water retention, and it only has a 30 % absorption rate. CEE has a 95% percent absorption rate. all that means is how much of the supplement you actually take in. you piss out almost everything you take in when you're on monohydrate.

as for protein dont bother taking it before working out. thats not necessarily going to help anything; just make sure you take in plenty right after you work out. you have 1 hour before your body starts to break down more muscle than it should. also eat plenty of protein rich foods throughout the day. you should take in 1g of protein for each pound you weigh MINIMUM.

hah sorry to rant on i just get so into supplements and lifting. if you need any other advice just PM me.

Rider-trx_250ex
08-25-2007, 01:37 AM
To keep a high metabolism instead of eating like 3 large meals a day, eat about 6 small meals. That may help you with losing some weight. 100% whey protein will help your muscles in recovery after you lift. You should always consult a doctor before taking any type of supplement though. Just remember, whatever you put in your body has to go though it and come out.;)

HondaEXrider22
08-25-2007, 05:07 AM
I do already have a decent diet. Drinks are water, milk and orange juice only. And gatorade for soccer practice. I usually stay away from fatty foods also. Not much deep fried, mostly baked. No candy, or bs like that either.

I not exactly looking to lose weight either, just change some of the weight now into muscle.

So what would be a good routine? Mon. Wed. Fri. lifting for an hour? More? Tues thurs treadmill and stationary bike? I also have practice and gym class(more exercise than you think) everyday.

Warnerade
08-25-2007, 10:20 AM
if you drink milk, make sure its either skim or 1%...

dirtbike&quad
08-25-2007, 11:27 AM
just lift, you dont need any supplements

Warnerade
08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
just lift, you dont need any supplements :ermm:

madskrillz2
08-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
I do already have a decent diet. Drinks are water, milk and orange juice only. And gatorade for soccer practice. I usually stay away from fatty foods also. Not much deep fried, mostly baked. No candy, or bs like that either.

I not exactly looking to lose weight either, just change some of the weight now into muscle.

So what would be a good routine? Mon. Wed. Fri. lifting for an hour? More? Tues thurs treadmill and stationary bike? I also have practice and gym class(more exercise than you think) everyday.

that sounds pretty good. 3-4 days of lifting is usually what you want. doing it more than that will not allow your body to recover in time for the next lift. i'd try to get in a couple more days of cardio type stuff though.

gncc025
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah as far as creatine being real bad for ur body and making u HUGE, its just not so. creatine is 100%safe to take. while it wont make u huge itll definitely help.

i suggest if u want to lose some weight and get a little more lean, then u lift with lots of reps and with somewhat light weights. maybe even a little running.

Groves187
08-25-2007, 06:19 PM
I have been taking No-Xplode and Protien, If you take protien make sure its Whey... (thats what i was told) I think the no-xplode works very well.. I usualy life for about an hour or so and Run or Bike befor i lift to get the blood flowing.. If your just trying to get "cut" and toned i would just do low weights and high reps?

PLZ correct me if i am wrong.

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 02:31 AM
take casien protein (this is found in milk) when you wake up in the morning and before you go to sleep at night. Casein protein is a slow digesting protein, so it will feed your body much longer than whey, which the body digests very, very fast. This gives you a little more fuel to burn throughout the day, and when you take it at night, your body will feed off of that, instead of attacking your muscles, and at the same time, keeps your metabolism going. I recomend just mixing a scoop of whey protein in 8oz of 1% or skim milk for the morning and evening.

As for the myth on creatine, it is 100% safe for you, as your body makes a little bit on its own...just not a very substantial amount...it also will help you look more "cut" as thats what your going for...not to mention if you take the recommended dosage of 5g a day, it helps burn 100 calories a day and will give you a slight energy boost.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 05:28 AM
N.O xplode works great man.. very small of amount of creatine but i gues u hell of alot of energy and ur soo focused..

ur workout sounds good.. you could also do this,

monday- chest shoulders

tuesday- biceps triceps forarms

weds- back and legs

thur- chest shoulders

friday- biceps triceps forarms

maybe work on ur back or sumthin on the weekend if u want.. i did that workout for a while but now im not lifting but this workout helped a lot.. i got up to around 270 on the bench and im 153 ibs..

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 09:23 AM
n.o. explode suck compared to some other products out there...try Super Pump 250 or n.o. shotgun. They also arent really made to give you energy...the nitric oxide in the drink helps expand your veins, thus while your workout....your veins can feed your muscles more blood.

as for you routine....your gonna wanna keep shoulder day and chest day as far apart as possible...since your pushing with your rotator cuff for both of those muscle groups. I suggest monday and friday

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
n.o. explode suck compared to some other products out there...try Super Pump 250 or n.o. shotgun. They also arent really made to give you energy...the nitric oxide in the drink helps expand your veins, thus while your workout....your veins can feed your muscles more blood.

as for you routine....your gonna wanna keep shoulder day and chest day as far apart as possible...since your pushing with your rotator cuff for both of those muscle groups. I suggest monday and friday

Yeah try n.o shutgun.. you'll wanna puke lol nacsracer are u liek some sorta workout maniac cause u seem to think u know ur stuff

250ex13
08-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
N.O xplode works great man.. very small of amount of creatine but i gues u hell of alot of energy and ur soo focused..

ur workout sounds good.. you could also do this,

monday- chest shoulders

tuesday- biceps triceps forarms

weds- back and legs

thur- chest shoulders

friday- biceps triceps forarms

maybe work on ur back or sumthin on the weekend if u want.. i did that workout for a while but now im not lifting but this workout helped a lot.. i got up to around 270 on the bench and im 153 ibs.. That's not such a great routine. Triceps 4 times out of 5? (you hit tri's when doing chest) That's a little to much

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I know it doesnt taste the best....try drinking for the purpose of the product, and not because it tastes good. Same mistake I made when I started working out. If you think n.o shotgun taste like ****...pick up a tub of SizeOn made by Gaspari Nutrition...thats some rough stuff.

I dont "think" I know my stuff...I do know my stuff, this is everything that works best for me...Everybody will have their different opinion on supplements and workout routines, so to each their own.

I just think Its funny that you tihnk nitric oxide products give you an energy boost and you didnt even list what they are really meant to do...which is give you a damn good pump.

250ex13
08-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I know it doesnt taste the best....try drinking for the purpose of the product, and not because it tastes good. Same mistake I made when I started working out. If you think n.o shotgun taste like ****...pick up a tub of SizeOn made by Gaspari Nutrition...thats some rough stuff.
Pick up some gatorade powder, and mix it with the shotgun, sizeon whichever one you're taking. tastes awesome.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
it does give me "energy" and makes my muscles twitch and i feel like i have more strength and focus .. read the label on N.O xplode.. it does say it gives u more power , or "energy" thats what i feel when i take it.. but anyways its won the best supplement for 2006 im not sure about this year.. its pretty good and it has the new form of creatine in it that is better

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 03:48 PM
makes your muscle twitch? You might wanna try eating some bananas to up your potassium intake if your twitching...no N.O. product should make you twitch.

It has won the supplement of the year simply because look at its consumer base....every one and their brother uses that and only that it seems like. A lot of people at my gym take it and have never even heard of any other N.O. product...I guess when you have 8 time Mr. O making claims on how great the stuff is, and with the advertising budget BSN has..its makes sense that everyone uses their stuff.

All I'm saying, try other products...finish your tub, take 4-5 weeks off of N.O. drinks...and try another brand...finish it, go back on explode if you want...if you keep drinking the same stuff, it wont be as effective regardless of how good it is. Different amounts of different ingredients change your bodies reaction immensly once its used to something.

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Pick up some gatorade powder, and mix it with the shotgun, sizeon whichever one you're taking. tastes awesome. the powder stuff in the bags? I might have to try that...I'm pretty used to size on now, after the first week its not so bad...but good god, the first drink i about puked

250ex13
08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
the powder stuff in the bags? I might have to try that...I'm pretty used to size on now, after the first week its not so bad...but good god, the first drink i about puked They actually sell tubs of the powder, at like target, wal-mart, etc. I take Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, and the taste is just horrible. So I started mixing it with the gatorade and it tastes great.

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 06:12 PM
They actually sell tubs of the powder, at like target, wal-mart, etc. I take Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, and the taste is just horrible. So I started mixing it with the gatorade and it tastes great. I have thought about mixing the powder with the actual drinks gatorade and stuff..even propel...but I'm on a pretty strict diet, I try to hit the same number of colories, grams of fat, carbs and protein each day...I'll probably give it a whirl once Im off my diet in a few weeks

TwentyBelow131
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Protein is a must. You should consume as many grams as protein as you weigh

Example: If you weigh 150lbs you should take in 150 grams of protein

That is the best case scenario, most people just do not consume that much protein. Most dieticians say .8 per pound is sufficent.

Creatine in my opinion is not worth it. I took creatine for about 9 months and the negatives just outweigh the positives.

Heres an article that explains creatine also if you were interested.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/969991656.html

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
so dont load with 20+ grams a day...thats overkill in my opinion anyway. 3-5 grams before a workout and 3-5 grams after a workout.

TwentyBelow131
08-26-2007, 07:04 PM
so dont load with 20+ grams a day...thats overkill in my opinion anyway. 3-5 grams before a workout and 3-5 grams after a workout.

3-5 is an ok amount depending how much you weigh. Im at 205 right now and i do 8 -10 grams pre workout

3-5 post workout is way to low. Anywhere between 20-30 grams is good.

Protein repairs torn muscle, if your body does not have enough protein the muscles that are damaged will eat away lean muscle mass from other parts of your body.

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 07:35 PM
i get about 250-300 grams of protein a day and take in 48 grams 20-25 minutes after I drink my SizeOn

woodsman250r
08-26-2007, 09:28 PM
You can take supplements all day long but it starts with diet. You need to start at Breakfast and end in the evening with eating the right foods. Chicken breast, tuna, turkey, 100% wheat bread, rice, green beans, lean ground beef, steamed vegetables and fruits should be 90% of what you put in your body. Put crap on the inside and it shows up on the outside. Plus that is the only way you are going to shed fat and put on lean muscle mass.

Now as for supplements one word, BEVERLY! Majority of the other stuff you see out there is crap, and its a money gimic. Beverly has been around the nutrition world longer than just about anyone and they are the protein kings. I use the liver tablets, and protein and have seen positive results. Main thing is setting a diet and workout routine for yourself and sticking to it. Also push yourself everytime you lift, and make yourself do it even when you are tired. Making yourself workout when you are tired or when you don't want to will make you feel ten times better when you are done. Don't let yourself become like the rest of FAT america by coming up with excusses not to exercise or eating fast food garbage.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
makes your muscle twitch? You might wanna try eating some bananas to up your potassium intake if your twitching...no N.O. product should make you twitch.

It has won the supplement of the year simply because look at its consumer base....every one and their brother uses that and only that it seems like. A lot of people at my gym take it and have never even heard of any other N.O. product...I guess when you have 8 time Mr. O making claims on how great the stuff is, and with the advertising budget BSN has..its makes sense that everyone uses their stuff.

All I'm saying, try other products...finish your tub, take 4-5 weeks off of N.O. drinks...and try another brand...finish it, go back on explode if you want...if you keep drinking the same stuff, it wont be as effective regardless of how good it is. Different amounts of different ingredients change your bodies reaction immensly once its used to something.

Read what i said carefully nacsracer.. but i siad my muscles twitch.. i feel like im on a caffiene rush. Every pump feels like it has no affect to me,if u get what im saying. And Mr. O doesnt sponsor bsn he sponsors cell tech and nano vapor(taste like cough syrup)

400exstud
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
So what should I take to get more protien. I have a great diet, and I just need supplements.

BTW: I am almost 18, only 125 lbs, and very lean.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM
BTW, is cell tech hardcore or w/e a good creatine supplement.. many of my friends take it.. but is it as good as the others, cause its pretty pricey...

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
So what should I take to get more protien. I have a great diet, and I just need supplements.

BTW: I am almost 18, only 125 lbs, and very lean.

protien bars, shakes, and food with a better amount of protien then what ur eating now.. are u looking to bulk up or get cut?

250ex13
08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
BTW, is cell tech hardcore or w/e a good creatine supplement.. many of my friends take it.. but is it as good as the others, cause its pretty pricey... muscle tech products are a joke. imo

And Mr. O doesnt sponsor bsn he sponsors cell tech and nano vapor(taste like cough syrup) Mr.O Does not sponsor Muscle tech. He sponsors BSN.

400exstud
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
protien bars, shakes, and food with a better amount of protien then what ur eating now.. are u looking to bulk up or get cut?

Both. I want to get bigger but not flabby.

I just want to look good for the ladies when I go to Jamacia next year:cool:

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
muscle tech products are a joke. imo

Mr.O Does not sponsor Muscle tech. He sponsors BSN. agreed...muscle tech products are nothing but hype.

I really dont understand what you mean by "twitch"...because if your actually twitching, its not caused by an N.O. product.

tully, if you want a good creatine drink, go with SizeOn by Gaspari...Cell mass by BSN also works pretty good...and yes, it does taste good.

I was talking about Ronni Coleman supporting BSN...Jay has not been Mr. O 8 times in a row, that is Ronnies feat...and if you noticed, Muscle Techs advertising has really gone up this past year...What I am waiting to see is Victor Martinez win mr. o this year just to watch how fast MHP gets their advertising budget up to standards with BSN and muscle tech...

stud...its hard to build muscle at a fast rate and look "cut" at the same time. To build muscle, you gotta eat...gotta keep your protein at 1-1.5 grams per pound you weigh, keep your carbs at around 2 grams per pound, and your grams of fat around .5 grams per pound. Try to eat clean, keep your saturated fat low as possible and you wont really get "flabby". A good way to get your grams of fat up is Flaxseed oil and Olive oil. I put a tbsp of flax oil in one of my protein shakes and a tbsp of olive oil sprinkled over a cup of rice with my lunch...cant really taste it, just makes it seems a little more oily. Stay away from protein bars...they have a lot of saturated fat in them for what they are...so keep a 8oz chicken breast in your fridge at all times, so when it comes to snack time, eat that instead of a protein bar...protein content should be pretty close to eachother and it will have little to no fat. Make protein shakes your best friend, but dont get too carried away with them just because they are easier then preparing a meal, protein from a solid food is more effective then a liquid.

If you dont feel like keeping track of all that ****, which I dont blame you...it sucks...just try to eat more than you eat now, but eat healthy, cut pop completely out, drink a lot of water...and just make sure you drink a protein shake directly after your workout, which is the most effective time for protein out of your day.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry nacs.. im not that up to date on the mr. olympias.. but alright.. doesnt size on taste like royal **** tho?? any other stuff that tastes better that has the same affect as size on??

and im wanting to lose like 10 ibs.. not necessarily gain it back with muscle but i would hope to gain sum of it back (4 ibs of muscle) but is lipo 6 any good?

400exstud
08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks nacs. That is a lot to keep track of. I think I can do it all, but cutting Mt. dew will be a struggle. Can I substitute full strength coffee for dew?

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying SizeOn taste like ****...I mean, ya...its a rough drink, but I got used to it after my 2nd or 3rd serving, I just chug it as fast as I cant...its really not that bad once you get used to it. No drinks out there will taste as good as BSN products do, they really concentrate on making it taste good, and form experience, I feel it takes away from the actual effectiveness of their product. The only thing I use from them religously is their Syntha-6 protein...it tastes better than ice cream and is good with milk right before I go to sleep...kind of my dessert I guess.

I am sure Lipo 6 is good, most fat burners all work the same way...they are full of green tea extract and caffiene and a few other things. Hydroxy Cut even works pretty good from my experience...VPX Redline caps work good also. One thing I really like about fat burners is the way they control your appetite and cravings...maybe its a mental thing with me, but it seems to be a lot easier to diet strict when im on one

rYan01400EX
08-26-2007, 10:20 PM
For some odd reason, I just don't see the need to put extra things in my body just to be attractive. I think it's more in the daily diet and getting into routine excerise that helps more than it all.. Adding something to your body that increases muscle that quick sounds bad to me. I'm not hating on creatine or anything, but a kid at my school took it day after day in weight class.... he quit weight class and has nothing but fat on his bones. No longer muscle.. So, my question is, does creatine turn to fat if you stop exercising? He used to look so buff but as far as boxing and that goes, he was slow as Christmas... Now, I have heard that any increase in muscle size while on creatine is basically just water in the muscle... making it look bigger. I know nothing about creatine but I have heard these things and am looking to verify them.

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Thanks nacs. That is a lot to keep track of. I think I can do it all, but cutting Mt. dew will be a struggle. Can I substitute full strength coffee for dew? if you drink coffee...I would do it first thing in the morning...and just leave it one cup a day...and leave it at black coffee, no cream or sugar

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Back to exercise lol is there any great workouts to make ur arms huge and cut?? small arms run in my intermediate family.. my dad has always had small bicepts same wtih my brother.. i have a strong chest but my arms arent as big.. im not lookin to really get stronger as much as i am looking bigger and more cut.. idk im sitting down on a chair and using 20's and 30's dumbells .. the chair is to not use my back.. any help would be great appreciated.. oh yeah and i do preacher curls.. all high reps on my arms..

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
also, dont eat anything after like 7-8 at night...try to eat dinner at a decent time. Then, right before you go to bed...drink a protein shake mixed with milk, and i suggest taking a BCAA (branched chain amino acid) with the shake. Whether your dieting to burn fat or dieting to get big, this works for both as it will give your body something to fuel off of at night instead of eating your muscle. By morning, you should be starving again

tully...also, do 30 minutes to an hour of cardio training a day, and if possible, do it on a machine that will keep track of your heart rate. Keep it around 130...you'll be moving at a pretty slow pace, but after 30 minutes, you'll be sweating pretty good. The reason for keeping your heart rate slower is so your body has time to burn the fat, rather than moving at a running pace, it wont be able to burn the fat fast enough to use it as fuel, so it attacks your muscles

for your biceps, I like to do standing straight bar curls, going heavy with low reps for my last set...atleast 5 reps. My second excercise is usually Hammer Curls with dumbells, on the same bench I use for incline presses, lean back all the way, it gives your arm a much better stretch and you can contract more at the top. There is all kinds of workouts out there for arms, it varies between straight bars, e-z bars, dumb bells and cables...my last set of curls I usually do preacher curls with an e-z bar, usually 30 pounds and just go until failure, this gives your arms a really good pump and flows a bunch of fresh blood into them to feed them with nutrients they need. After that, you shouldnt be able to move your arms for a little bit.

One thing I forgot to mention....vitamins...I can not stress enough how important a good multi-vitamin is.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
lol sorry and but nacs since u seem to know alot about dieting atleast more than me.. whats a safe amount of saturated fat to eat in a day and as in like in meat.. like salami lol im wondering whats a bad amount and good amount if u didnt get what i ment

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 10:34 PM
i run 2 miles a day .. sumtimes more.. its jsut i used to be skinny when i ran track but i got sum love handles lol and my stomach is gettin smaller with running and crunches i just need sum extra help... my stomach and arms are the hardest to work out for me.. suck big time

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
check in my last post, I edited and added something about your arm question.

Stay away from all deli meats...they are full of sodium...and thats jut bad news.

I've always kept my saturated fat around 10 when im dieting to build muscle...I usually eat one peice of red meat a day and thats where most of it comes from. But if your trying to lose weight...I would try to keep it as low as possible, 5 at the most. but be sure to keep your grams of fat around 30-40, depending how much you weight...just make sure its healthy fat, like I said before, flaxseed oil works the best for losing weight.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 10:46 PM
eww.. i hate watching fats and stuff i eat healthy foods but i like to saturated fat down cause its worthelss fat.. but alright.. now with the bench u use for incline.. how do u lean back farther.. the seat will stop u lol i didnt get what u ment.. my bad

Warnerade
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
right, use the incline bench for curling, lean back like you would doing an incline press. It might not make sense to why it works better for curling...its harder, but it does feel different if your used to sitting straight up.

xtullyx16
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
alright thanks man for all ur info.. im headin to bed.. 1:02 am lol im tired..

300excrazy98
08-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I just recently switched from Cellmass/NOxplode to Green Bulge/SUPERPUMP250.

Cellmass and the xplode worked well, and i was just looking for a change. My friends raved about this Green bulge, so it was cheap, and i bought it. Then I looked into superpump, and bought that as well. Superpump was the worst tasting drink i have ever had, but i just suck it up now, and chug it. I see even better gains from the new combo then the BSN stack.

Oh and a good addition to being healthy, and loosing weight, is GET A GOOD NIGHTS REST!!!

xsr_racing28c
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I've tryed many forms of creatine in the past with my workout and have found that Cellmass has worked the best with me without any complications at all.

Creatine if taken correctly will improve your muscle mass and will not affect your body in anyway. The trick is to use cycles when using creatine or any other type of supplement. I go on 3-1 month cycles of Cellmass which means 3 months on, 1 month off....Many suggest a loading process when starting out on the creatine supplement, but I have not found that to be any benefit to myself.

Though I'm just getting started back into my workout routine I will not be starting back up on Cellmass for probably about a month of steady workouts ( 4 times a week, 3 hours a nite ) My reasoning for this is just to get my body back in the groove, but within a month's time I will be starting up on creatine once again. In the past I've found it to be a great energy source, and supplement for myself.

I would suggest to anyone seriously working out to also take a multi-vitamin, eat lots of protein, and I like to take glucosamin tablets which help joint pain after working out.

Just my .02 but some people react differently to different things and you also have to understand that creatine isn't going to work for you if you only life 1-2 times a week for 20 mins, you have to start on a strict routine and push yourself everytime you workout.

~JAY

xtullyx16
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
have any of u guys used lipo 6 or hydroxycut hardcore?? results??

Warnerade
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I used Hydroxycut Hardcore and Redline liquid capsules...

I'm 5'10" and when I started dieting I weighed 215 with 25% body fat. I used one of those 2 fat burners for 3 months straight, with a strict diet and 3 months later I weighed 185 with 8% body fat. Any fat burner will work the same, as most of them have the same ingredients.

HondaEXrider22
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
OK. So to start off -

Mon.
Wed.
Fri.

Lifting with low weight but high reps for about 30-45 min.

Tues.
Thurs.
Sun.

30-45 Min of various speeds and resistances on the treadmill and stationary bike with the move able arms.

One shake after each workout consisting of

One scoop of Precision Engineered Whey Protein
1 cup milk
1.5 frozen bananas
small of amount of ovaltine
some ice
and a little vanilla extract.

So far I have stuck to it and plan to stick with it. I also plan to lengthen the workouts over time.

My main question - enough and at the right time for the shake?

Warnerade
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I would up the protein to 2 scoops and change the milk out with water....

Save the milk for right before you go to bed, and make sure its skim

HondaEXrider22
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Other than that - sounds good?

Warnerade
08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
thats a big 10-4

HondaEXrider22
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks alot man, although I will probably asking more questions later.

Warnerade
08-27-2007, 06:57 PM
feel free to shoot me a PM or instant message me on AIM anytime

jal232
08-28-2007, 10:19 AM
All your questions you ever need to know can be answered at the best place:

Bodybuilding.com

Diet/Nutrion
Supplements
Cardio
Lifting

Everything

Bender
08-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Push up's, sit up's, pull up's and run, run, run. Eat healthy, get good sleep. You don't want to be big, lean and strong and flexable. It got me through 7 years as an Army Ranger, well except for the good sleep part.

KXRida
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
hhaha sorry, but everytime I see one of these threads it makes me think of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fWUJosjak