PDA

View Full Version : what to do???????????

bigH
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
what do you guys think.....should i go ahead and get a 07 or 08 yfz....or should i wait until they come out next year???? do you really think yamaha will change there bike around that much???? i hope not because i really want to gwt a 08 450. also how cheap can you find a left over 07???????

cchrider
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
This is all personal preference. I guess that yamaha AND honda will change for next year. Or IMO that would be the smart thing. You have the new kawi 450 with efi, reverse,aluminum frame,etc. Now the KTM and is completely awsome. And then the new can am ds450 with the rotax engine,etc. So IMO, i think it would be stupid to not do anything as for upgrading. I know, in my position I race a elka/houser xc YFZ. And its for sale right now because Im switching the KTM. But im sure there will be some changes for the honda and yammy.

cbrooks118
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
yea i think both honda and yamaha will do EFI. Other than that not much will change IMO. I have seen 07's for $5899 clearance on the internet

250r4life
08-24-2007, 12:50 PM
i would get the 07 or 08 as unfortunately it is likely they will hop on the band wagon and get EFI here before too long....

a majority of the avg joes want EFI and dont even know why...

bigH
08-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by cchrider
This is all personal preference. I guess that yamaha AND honda will change for next year. Or IMO that would be the smart thing. You have the new kawi 450 with efi, reverse,aluminum frame,etc. Now the KTM and is completely awsome. And then the new can am ds450 with the rotax engine,etc. So IMO, i think it would be stupid to not do anything as for upgrading. I know, in my position I race a elka/houser xc YFZ. And its for sale right now because Im switching the KTM. But im sure there will be some changes for the honda and yammy.

thats what im worried about......i seriously dont care much for EFI.....honda and yamaha are carburated and still kick the zook and kawi's ***. i would just be bumed out if yamaha comes up with a new design and a aluminum frame.

Honda TRX250ex
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
wait till next year i know efi is comming!

Toadz400
08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
wait till next year i know efi is comming!

You got proof? The only person I'd trust is Pappy when it comes to that. Unfortunately I didn't listen to him when he said to wait for the '06's to come out for the YFZ when I got my '05. I figured Yamaha wouldn't make that many changes but they did.

As far as EFI goes, I like it and I don't. I wouldn't mind it if it was like how it was on the Cannondales where it actually compensated for everything (true EFI) and you were able to change out the maps for the more aggressive ones. I've heard of people putting the dirtbike maps in and them being insanely powerful.
As far as the YFZ goes with EFI, I would just like for the carb to be easier to access like how the 400EX was.