PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little bit worried.. look..

yellow400ex05
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Ok a month ago I tightened my chain, and then about 2-3 weeks later my bearins went out, and my brother told me it coul have been because of something not being straight or something, but then again the axle bearings were never replaced since it was new so I wasn't sure which it could be, I mean it could have been a coincidence that my bearings happened to go out a few weeks after i tightened my chain.

My question is is there any way that i could have screwed up or something not being right? My carrier blew last week because of wear and tear, so I got an LSR carrier, and my chain was tight so I loosend the 4 pinch bolts moved the knob to loosen it and then i tightened the pinch bolts back up, and went riding, did I do everything correctly? And i did this on level surface.

cchrider
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
So you got a new LSR bearing carrier and put the old axle bearings in that one??

400exstud
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
I would chalk it up to being a coincedence. No matter how tight or loose you have the chain, when you peg the gas it will tighten up and put a lot of torque on the bearings. Unless you had your chain so tight that it was TIGHT just sitting there it shouldn't have messed up your bearings. Common sense tells me that you didn't have it that tight.

yellow400ex05
08-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by cchrider
So you got a new LSR bearing carrier and put the old axle bearings in that one??

no, if the bearing went out then that means they were bad..:rolleyes:

well all i had to do was ride it to my frineds house with the chain tight so he could help me loosen the pinch bolts lol, so it shouldn't have harmed anything, I rode slowly in 2nd gear making sure i didn't pop the clutch or hit the gas and end up putting pressure on it..

thanks 400exstud

pro-rider46
08-24-2007, 10:57 PM
dude relax my bearings went out like two weeks ago and my bearings went and carrier and brake hub and axle. and my chain was properly tightened and i have had the quad for a year. well i dont care about the quad needing repaired cause honda is covering all of it. it would have been like 800 bucks and my axle is probably fine but who cares i get a new free one.:D

btw way its cernics that did this for me, and i like them cause they actually did what they wher supposed to ( unheard of in a dealership) and cernics are the same company with graphics on lots of quads.