PDA

View Full Version : happy Birthday to Ryan (My youngest rugrat!)

Pappy
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
He is a mighty 9 years old come 2:45 pm:p

This evening we are having a party for him and alot of his friends are coming, including a few off the site!

Main course:devil:

JRP
08-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Happy Birthday Ryan! Damn that looks delicious! :devil:

Pappy
08-24-2007, 11:21 AM
He invited all his girlfriends:huh

tim colston
08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Happy birthday little brother. have a good one.

Pappy
08-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Moose is celebrating his 6th birthday so we had quite a morning with presents:p

Ghost-Rider
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by JRP
Happy Birthday Ryan! Damn that looks delicious! :devil:

You sure said it !

Happy Birthday !

Pappy
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Moose hasnt been the same since we lost Yeller. He lays for hours out by his grave

Quad18star
08-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
He invited all his girlfriends:huh

Oh Oh .... looks like it's time for Pappy to sit the young fellow down and have the " Birds and Bees" talk . LOL Have fun . :P

Hope the little man has as much fun on his birthday , as Moose is having enjoying his presents.

Ya know Ken , they say that for every year your kids get older , you either gain 100 new grey hairs , or you lose 100 hairs .... so who was your worst enemy this morning ... the pillow case or the mirror ?? MUAHAHA :devil:

BTW , dinner looks delicious ....

Pappy
08-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Thx greg:blah:

Cody was busily helping mow and clean up until he went to hang the piniata. He fell when the limb broke dropping him flat on his back:( He is doing ok after a few hours rest...dumbass:p

He did a good job mowing however:blah:

Quad18star
08-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Thx greg:blah:

Cody was busily helping mow and clean up until he went to hang the piniata. He fell when the limb broke dropping him flat on his back:( He is doing ok after a few hours rest...dumbass:p

He did a good job mowing however:blah:

Hey , anytime . :devil:

Looks like he missed a spot between the trees . ;)

Punishement for missing a spot ------> Next week he must cut the grass using a push mower . :p I can't wait to be a father and lay down some punishements . :devil:

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
LOL..he did not miss anything, thats a wildflower spot:p

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
we have had more rain in the past 7 days then we have had in the last 5 months. things are starting to green up really good again thankfully.

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
cody, ryan and i busted our butts to get the food plots planted before it rained and they are all coming up now. this is about half of our lower garden that is now planted in biologic for the winter.

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:12 PM
maybe the deer will now leave my garden alone:p

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:22 PM
For his birthday, i wont make him work today:p both boys help non stop around here and are proud of what they grow!

beans, peas, spinach, squash, okra, cabbage and others are growing now for fall crop.

burkebrothers
08-24-2007, 12:39 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we'll see ya next week @ breezewood, hey Pap what time are the birthday spankings? I wanna get there early so I don't have to wait in line

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by burkebrothers
hey Pap what time are the birthday spankings? I wanna get there early so I don't have to wait in line

I think his reaction will resemble this:devil:

Quad18star
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
LOL..he did not miss anything, thats a wildflower spot:p

Ohhhh ... gotcha !!! So is that where you go relax and get " in tune" with nature or is that where you hide out and shoot nature when it's eating out of your garden? :p

Looks like you have the perfect setup to supply your veggies for a few months . I wish I had the yard to do something like that ... but space in our backyard is limited ... very limited .. I can open the door , spit and watch it land in the neighbours yard. :ermm:

Pappy
08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
the first few pics were from the left side of my house looking out towards the road. 1/2 the property i have cleared and the other half is wooded (meat supply...lol) i have 2 main gardens and 2 smaller ones (tomatoes and peppers)

the neighbors all thought i was crazy until they started seeing bigger bucks and healthier looking fawns from the good food i give them, even turkeys are hanging out more often but i havent seen them on my land yet(seen sign, and everyone else has seen them but me...lol)

i cant stand to not have space around me, i grew up on a farm and had the run of damn near 1/2 the county. for 10 years i lived in a small house on 1/8th acre and couldnt stand it. we are actually waiting for the market to come back and we will try and sell to buy a few hundred acres to live out our days on.

Quad18star
08-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Sounds like a nice setup.

We're waiting on the market to go down right now , so that we can buy some farmland/acreage . Prices in the last 1 1/2 years jumped unbelieveably ( 130% increase) around here , so we gotta wait until it settles down. We'd be able to get a good dime for our place right now , but would be paying a mint to find something else.

We missed out on a deal 2 years ago .... Newer home ( 3 yrs old) ... 3 bedrooms , 2 baths , attatched and a large detatched garage ... plus a barn with all the farming equipement and over 460 acres of land .. sold for $350 000.

Ya know the saying , You Snooze , You Lose..... :macho

biker
08-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Ken, Prime Ribe or Pork Shoulder? either way looks killer!!!:D

07250ex
08-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Sounds like a nice setup.

We're waiting on the market to go down right now , so that we can buy some farmland/acreage . Prices in the last 1 1/2 years jumped unbelieveably ( 130% increase) around here , so we gotta wait until it settles down. We'd be able to get a good dime for our place right now , but would be paying a mint to find something else.

We missed out on a deal 2 years ago .... Newer home ( 3 yrs old) ... 3 bedrooms , 2 baths , attatched and a large detatched garage ... plus a barn with all the farming equipement and over 460 acres of land .. sold for $350 000.

Ya know the saying , You Snooze , You Lose..... :macho
lmfao you know what youd get for that around here for that like 8-15 million dollars my house is on 2 and 1 half acres and we could easily get 800 k + for it

Scro
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Happy Birthday Ryan! Now we just need pictures of the present that has a motor on it:D

Pappy
08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by biker
Ken, Prime Ribe or Pork Shoulder? either way looks killer!!!:D

actually a big beef brisket, and i nibbled on it...damn good if i do say so:p

Raptor68
08-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Happy birthday Ryan! Dinner looks awesome and that's some nice property you got there...

Pappy
08-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Happy Birthday Ryan! Now we just need pictures of the present that has a motor on it:D

no new machines this year, all he got was new hunting clothes and a few video games:p

greg, around here its a buyers market for sure right now. we bought our place for 189k 4 years ago, and can list it now for over 500k. if the market goes back to the seller side, easily 750k if we sold. we are really kicking the idea around of moving further south in a few years. we could buy a few hundred acres and be 4 hours closer to the middle of racing(big benefit for us)but for now we are happy with what we have.

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Moose got his b-day cupcake before everyone starts arriving:p

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:14 PM
btw, im playing with my new wide angle lens if ya wonder why all the pics:p

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:18 PM
i was kind of preoccupied however, i had 4 nice bucks on the ridge to my right and all i had was a fisheye lens:ermm: i coulda got a pic of the big one:grr:

this is from the end of what i have planted in the woods looking back towards the house

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
ryan is convinced there is an alligator living in the neighbors pond:p this is looking behind our place

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
this is looking towards my backyard. ryan and i planted 32 tomato plants this spring (well he planted 4 cherry tomatos cuz thats what he loves) thats whats growing to the right if the deer will leave them alone. another food plot to the left of the trail

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
and lastly for now, a look straight up:p

cletusEX
08-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Tell Ryan Happy Birthday! As for the Hill home, definitely a nice set-up. Sitting on that finger ridge makes it nice for deer hunting. And plenty of space for a few gardens. Seems like every time I come by you have done more clearing. Looks like a lot of hard work is paying off though.

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
just waiting for opening day nick:devil:

ATV Chic
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
and lastly for now, a look straight up:p

Awesome pic, as usual :p Happy b-day Ryan! (and moose too;) )

and get ready to ship some of that okra mmmmm :D

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
i saw the big six with the others, but the last buck was bigger then him.

Quad18star
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
no new machines this year, all he got was new hunting clothes and a few video games:p

greg, around here its a buyers market for sure right now. we bought our place for 189k 4 years ago, and can list it now for over 500k. if the market goes back to the seller side, easily 750k if we sold. we are really kicking the idea around of moving further south in a few years. we could buy a few hundred acres and be 4 hours closer to the middle of racing(big benefit for us)but for now we are happy with what we have.

Hunting clothes are always a great gift . My mother in-law and father in-law bought me a hunting outfit for Christmas 2 years ago .... I LOVED it !!!!:cool:

How many acres do you have right now ?? Around 50 or 80 right?

How much further south would you move to ?? Still in West Virginia , or to another state?

It's crazy how the value of homes varies so much from one area to another. Some of the guys and gals on here live in what seems like ordinary homes, yet the prices are sky high ( $800 000+ ) . Around here , $800 000 would get you an Excutive style home ... 5 or more bedrooms , marble floors ... the whole deal ... AND be situated on a lake . LOL

When I said we'd get a pretty penny for our home , I meant maybe $160 000 for a house which was valued at about $110 000 3 years ago . After reading about all these high dollar homes , I now feel like I'm living in the slums . LOL :ermm:

Pappy
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
i only have 13 acres greg:p im just trying to maximize every inch of it for me and the deer:D

my in-laws just signed on a house with 12 acres, garage pool etc about 4 hours sw of here in wv for $129,000.

if i move it will be further south in wv or if money is right, we might disappear all together:p we all have dreamed of living in alaska or out west were there is some elbow room. i could do well with a shack and rifle, and the wife agrees as we are pretty basic at heart and prefer to do it on our own...lol

Quad18star
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
i only have 13 acres greg:p im just trying to maximize every inch of it for me and the deer:D

my in-laws just signed on a house with 12 acres, garage pool etc about 4 hours sw of here in wv for $129,000.

if i move it will be further south in wv or if money is right, we might disappear all together:p we all have dreamed of living in alaska or out west were there is some elbow room. i could do well with a shack and rifle, and the wife agrees as we are pretty basic at heart and prefer to do it on our own...lol

Wow , was I totally off. :huh

I think Alaska would be an awesome place to live ... mind you , the racing scene probably isn't too intense .... but you could do everything right at your doorsteps ..... ride your ATV , go snowmobiling( I'm sure your kids would LOVE it) , hunting , fishing , peaceful , fresh air..... wait that almost describes where I live . haha

My aunt and uncle just came back from a vacation up to Alaska , and they said it was beautiful and not really what they had expected . They were expecting colder weather with growth stunted trees ..... but in fact they had HOT weather.

WhiteYFZ
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM

lol u have plenty of room. conside yourself lucky. try coming where i live. the housed aare seriously 20ft from another.lol:confused:

Hyperwarrior22
08-24-2007, 07:10 PM
happy birthday ryan

JOEX
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Happy B-Day Ryan & Moose:cool:

07250ex
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Hunting clothes are always a great gift . My mother in-law and father in-law bought me a hunting outfit for Christmas 2 years ago .... I LOVED it !!!!:cool:

How many acres do you have right now ?? Around 50 or 80 right?

How much further south would you move to ?? Still in West Virginia , or to another state?

It's crazy how the value of homes varies so much from one area to another. Some of the guys and gals on here live in what seems like ordinary homes, yet the prices are sky high ( $800 000+ ) . Around here , $800 000 would get you an Excutive style home ... 5 or more bedrooms , marble floors ... the whole deal ... AND be situated on a lake . LOL

When I said we'd get a pretty penny for our home , I meant maybe $160 000 for a house which was valued at about $110 000 3 years ago . After reading about all these high dollar homes , I now feel like I'm living in the slums . LOL :ermm:

wow even raised ranches go for 350 - 400 k here lmao 160 k will buy you a shed up here

wvspeedfreak
08-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Thanks for having us up Kenny.Austin had a great time as usual playing with Ryan.

Pappy
08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
no problem Jason, we enjoyed having you guys up as always!

ryan had a blast and it was 1 am before he finally settled down:p

Pappy
08-25-2007, 07:53 AM
I dont think the cake or candy had a thing to do with it, he woke up in birthday mode:p

Pappy
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
the worlds toughest piniata was on-hand:eek2:

Pappy
08-25-2007, 07:56 AM
i think it was a 2-1 g/b ratio:p

Pappy
08-25-2007, 07:57 AM
sure was different seeing dresses and long hair around here:p

my neice Maddy

Pappy
08-25-2007, 07:59 AM
I had offers to get rid of both the boys last night, i think i will wait to see how much they offer next time....lol

Pappy
08-25-2007, 08:01 AM
My other neice Tori

Pappy
08-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Abbey was on hand, but said she likes her pic taken only when she is riding her quad:D

Pappy
08-25-2007, 08:11 AM
we all had a good time, and i broke out the razor after most of the kids left for some night time fun:p

happy birthday son, now come off some of the loot that was in them b-day cards:D

Jersey450R
08-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Happy birthday to all! Funny how ryan is starting to look like Cody. few years back, he seemed so small. Looks like you have a nice family and friends pappy. Oh, and about the prices of houses...where i live, you cant get a basic 3 BR 2 bath for under 350. We live on 1/2 an acre, bought the house in 78' for 90, 000, and is now valued at 340, 000. crazy here in jersey. People are building 600-1M houses all over here its making me sick. They even took away my practice track to put a effin house!

Ghost-Rider
08-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Looks like it was fun,

As for the house pricing, it is funny how much cheaper it gets as you go south, we had looked at houses in Kentucky before, they are a fraction of the cost of stuff here in Michigan.

And to whoever said that about Alaska, theres actually a lot of rain forest there.

Tommy 17
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
happy b-day ryan!

Pappy
08-25-2007, 09:50 AM
wife just called from ER, cody broke his back when he fell yesterday:(

Jersey450R
08-25-2007, 11:51 AM

OMG :(

Quad18star
08-25-2007, 12:58 PM

Son of a .... :ermm:

Wish the young guy a speedy recovery for me.

Pappy
08-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Cody felt up to a ride to town to get his brother a b-day present...

Pappy
08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
a new mountain bike was just what ryan wanted:p