PDA

View Full Version : Suspension?

cjmcguire90
08-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, i just noticed that ktm was making a 450 mx quad. I dont own a quad yet, but next year im getting one! I love the looks of a top of the line tricked out quad, so I have a question. Ohlins suspension is on these right? Is this suspension going to be good enough out of the box to race and compete on? I personally like the xc quad but i read this forums alot but dont post much and wasnt sure what kind of reviews the ohlins suspension gets? Thanks for any answers, sorry to sound so clueless

I dont know too much about these quads as I own a 07 kx250f and a 00 yz125 (4sale) so thanks for any answers!
:ermm:

don_carallo
08-24-2007, 10:25 AM
..i've veard that these Ohlins work really great, better than some aftermarket shocks

cjmcguire90
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Thats awesome news, I would really be interested in getting a 450mx next year if they are out in the spring? I am 17 and have a broken right arm right now so im not working but hopefully Ill have my 2 bikes sold and get a 450! Thanks for any input guys/gals :)

cchrider
08-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Ohlin shocks are very good shocks. Even some of the top GNCC pro's have switched to them. At our local KTM shop I was talking to the owner (craig, is actually manages oak hill in texas) and he has been talking with KTM. And basically the ohlins are fully adjustable and what KTM was looking for was to be able to get the bike at has it already setup off the showroom floor with maybe just some valving or retuning the ohlins. I also know that Tim Farr is running the stock shocks, actually a stock bike at that.