PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design Air Filter question

Sjorge450R
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Well i have to make a order from RMATV (needed a new chain real bad) and i remember that i need a new filter (stock one is about beat) so i went ahead and got the Pro Design kit with the billet adaptor. It was only $34 so i figured I can always just switch to a uni because i will have the billet adapter that everyone says you have to use otherwise, the uni will fall off.

Any way.

This filter, it has what seems to be a separate foam cover for the main filter. What is this? Do i just oil the yellow filter and then slide that red foam cover over it? I never realized this until i ordered the filter.

Thanks.
Steve

250r4life
08-24-2007, 12:57 PM
you sure you didnt just order the replacement filter for the pro design kit? the actual kit costs like $100, and the replacement UNI is $35...? :huh

Sjorge450R
08-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
you sure you didnt just order the replacement filter for the pro design kit? the actual kit costs like $100, and the replacement UNI is $35...? :huh

haha funny you say that. After i posted this i went back and checked and it said replacment uni. So i called RMATV and cancelled the order. I ended up just getting a sparks filter...lol

250r4life
08-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
haha funny you say that. After i posted this i went back and checked and it said replacment uni. So i called RMATV and cancelled the order. I ended up just getting a sparks filter...lol

thats what i figured...