PDA

View Full Version : cutting my stock front fenders

AK400
08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
im going to be cutting my fenders soon i was wondering what is the best saw to use?? something that will cut somewhat clean and cut straight..... also i was wondering what line i should follow to make both sides the same, im kinda scared to F it up lol

450rJam
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I used electrical tape to make my lines to follow
(you can curve it and turn it where needed)
then I used a dremel tool to cut it and a fine file to smooth it out

then a torch to put the shine back to the edge
(dont get too close with the heat)

oleboy87
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
the guy that im going to get to do mine does it with a razr blade... and jsut free hands it!

450rJam
08-24-2007, 04:29 AM
sounds like sweeping with a toothbrush, sure you can do it but why?

I have seen people use hacksaw blades/saw zall's
one guy even cut his with a pocket knife he wire tied to a stick so he could heat the blade in the camp fire to make it go through better (he crashed and broke his fenders and said he had to cut them right there right then, and alcohol was involved in the cutting not the crash)

oleboy87
08-24-2007, 06:32 AM
comes out as if he used the tape and doing the whole thing as it should be done...

gcart2
08-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
sounds like sweeping with a toothbrush, sure you can do it but why?

I have seen people use hacksaw blades/saw zall's
one guy even cut his with a pocket knife he wire tied to a stick so he could heat the blade in the camp fire to make it go through better (he crashed and broke his fenders and said he had to cut them right there right then, and alcohol was involved in the cutting not the crash)
x2.and it will not look as good

mat1977
08-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
I used electrical tape to make my lines to follow
(you can curve it and turn it where needed)
then I used a dremel tool to cut it and a fine file to smooth it out

then a torch to put the shine back to the edge
(dont get too close with the heat) x3,definately the way to go.It was easy and came out really good.