PDA

View Full Version : dert wheels test

madini
08-23-2007, 05:46 PM
They did it again! Just read dert wheels "shootout" between DS450 vs KFX vs YFZ...........Kawasaki sucks,Can-Am could use some improvement,Yamaha is great..I don't know why I even wasted my time reading the damn thing.

450raider
08-24-2007, 06:51 AM
theresanother DW out again, i dont really keep up wtih their lying bs but next time im at walmart ill flip through it, i could use a good laugh or two.

CannondaleRider
08-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Whats funny.......people will actually argue with me when I say Dirt Wheels is highly financed by Yamaha.

Of course, they all seem to be riding Yamahas.....tells you something about their ability to think on their own huh? :rolleyes:

I use my own judgement.....not a magazines..... you should too

honda300EXtreme
08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
wait... so your saying the yfz won the dirt wheels shoot out.... thats odd....

:p :D

kbass24emtp
08-25-2007, 11:32 AM
What I find that is funny about all the different mags shootouts, is that dirwheels has the KFX in last place. Another one said it was the best. What I usually do is read all of them and average it out.

Punk'd
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Whats funny about it is they didnt do a top speed test:p That was a real crappy shootout in my opinion. The detail to everything mentioned was terrible.

Its funny how they still come to believe the YFZ is better even after its been outdated. I cant wait for Quads shootout.

450raider
08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
ill tell you whats gonna be a real hoot, thats when yami does update the yfz then we have to hear how unstoppable it is and their gonna say it the perfect atv and crap like that it should be rediculously funny.

kbass24emtp
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
What they should do with the shootout is make it last a whole racing season. It's hard for the YFZ to win, if it's not running at the end of the year. But I'm sure they would find a way for it to win though. (Even though the YFZ engine seized three times this season on us, overall power was still better than all the other ATVs in the shootout.):D The only mag shootouts I really base anything on is ATV Sport and Quad.

ckirby
08-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah the yfz is junk and the motors are always seizing thats why Billy Ballance is winning races and in the hunt for a third title on the yami.

450raider
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah id be winning too if i been riding 50 yrs before quads first came out:rolleyes:, if my first raptor had two legs and a saddle:rolleyes:, had unlimited yami money to blow on new quads each week but im just a simple dude that can only afford a few quads what do i know. (please come through on can am borich :macho)

kbass24emtp
08-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ckirby
Yeah the yfz is junk and the motors are always seizing thats why Billy Ballance is winning races and in the hunt for a third title on the yami.

I was trying to make a point that Dirtwheel favors the YFZ. It's called sarcasm!

Punk'd
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I don't know if its just me, but that whole artical just seemed kind of thrown togther.. They are stupid if they think the YFZ is king being how outdated it is. They mentioned something with bad control on the ds when everyone I've talked to who has rode one labels it as the best handling on a stock quad.

N300exJ
08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
NO need for sarcasm yfz engines throw cranks just as much as 450R's. both crappy engines.

and dirt wheels is definatly paid off by yamaha i dont care what arguement you have against it your wrong.

coryatver
08-29-2007, 04:11 PM
People still buy dirtwheels?? I haven't got it since they turned it into a parts catalog

OutlawBill
08-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I need something when out in the outhouse :devil:

ThePhantomRider
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
I never buy Dirty Wheels, and I really hate it when they have a 30 page catalogue in the middle of it along with it's tons of adds.

So I just see it at the newsstand, thumb through it, read anything of interest, put it down and wash my hands.

TPR

400excracer
08-31-2007, 02:05 PM
So what do you think about the fact that DW said that it didnt have any bottom end. A buddy of mine said that is a charactoristic of Rotax engines. If you look at Can Am's website they show a dyno comparison between the DS450 and some other 450s and it looks as though DW may be right. I hope not, because XC racers arent going to buy a quad with no bottom end. I guess we will find out soon.

Bender
08-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Well if XC racers don't want the Can AM. I'm sure they'll like the KTM more anyways.
Also you ever notice how dirt wheels always picks a part the "looks" of a quad causing it to lose score in shoot outs, instead of it's performance.

First Outlander
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
The motor has no more low end than any other 450 but because it is a lighter weighing 450 it feels faster and actually is. One magizine tested the DS and said it is clearly the fastest and when they took off the end cap and removed the airbox lid it gained more power everyware especially in the low end. They also said it emmitted the lowest sound of the 450's.