PDA

View Full Version : Canaan, New Hampshire

hungus07trx400
08-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Does anyone here practice at The Rivers edge campground and Atv park? They have two practice tracks, pretty small but better than nothing, I went last weekend on sunday and saw some quadders there, just wondering if anyone on here goes.

RidinRed420
08-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I've never been there and untill I read your post I had never heard of them. Its like an hour and a half from me, so I am really thinking about trying them out. How did you like it? Did you camp in a trailer, tent or cabin? I'm not sure if my friend with a camper will be able to go, so I was just wondering how many people the cabins slept?

By what I read on the website and the pictures I looked at they seem pretty chill. Like the picture of 2 people on a quad doing a wheelie with no helmets, and they said you don't even need registrations. I am registered in NH, but some of the people I ride with are not. How was your experience, would you recommend going there? Did you try out the trails? They said they have 350acres of private property and over 25 miles of trails ranging from beginner to expert, what did you think?

The last place I went in NH to camp and ride was Scotts Big Rock campground in North Stratford. It was ok, it was a lot further than this place though. It had a lot of straight trails and the speed limits were like 25, and they were patrolling so it was kind of boring. Plus they really didn't like the sport quads and they wanted only quiet ones - so we didn't really fit in there.

I was just looking for your, or anyone elses, experience there. Did you notice, was it mostly families or a mixture of everyone? Was there good riding for sport quads? how about mud for 4X4's? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

hungus07trx400
08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I have a house in Newport, NH, which is only like 40 minutes south of this place, so I go up on weekends sometimes and have now taken two day trips to Canaan. I love it because there's NOBODY there hardly, and if they are, they're almost all spread out on the trail system. It's privately owned and VERY laid back, so I don't think you'd have to worry about trail patrols. There are two tracks, one is shorter with bigger jumps, and one is much longer with more jumps, but a little smaller. Great for practice though. I went out on the trails for a little bit, but I really stuck mostly to the track. At the desk you can get a copy of the trail map, but its tiny and really hard to make out. The side where the check in office is is the small part of the property, and the trails go across the road from behind the check in office and thats where the lady said the majority of the trails are. 20 miles I think? I cant remember. They range from easy to quite technical, and thats why I turned around early cuz I don't have skids and stuff yet. It was funny because i called ahead on my most recent trip and they said they were very busy, but when I got there there was like nobody there lol. Im guessing people get pretty spread out over the 350 acres or whatever it is. I was actually gonna go up this weekend and ride saturday, then watch the NEATV races at Jolly Roger, which is like 15 minutes from my house up there, but I gotta go to a wedding Sunday....Oh yeah there's a big mud pit for the 4X4's, and no sound restriction that I can tell. There was a kid up there that works there I think with a full exhaust, and it was pretty loud. I had never even heard of this place, but for 10 bucks and a signature and the freedom to do whatever the hell you want? Im considering this place a diamond on the rough. I'll be there next weekend for sure.