PDA

View Full Version : Custum air box

wutsupy321
08-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I need info on air boxes,
i have a uncle that can build me a dimoiond plated air box for .......freeeeee
i just need the dimensions for the box.
i need all other info too,
and NO i do not ride in water or sand, at least not that much..

440ex2001
08-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Just get the measurements from your quad.

honda450rider33
08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
i would measure your stock air box depth, width, and length and just make it measure your intake boot and call it a day the other thing you can do if you run no lid is, outerwears makes a air box lid out of the same material as the prefilter and it gives you exellent flow and still keeps out dust and dirt and some water but is still alot safer than no lid. also if your uncle is a good welder the welds will be water proof just make sure he welds it completely and dosent just tac it or weld just part solid welds and it will be water proof

cr977
08-25-2007, 08:36 AM
if you are already getting the airbox custom why no instead of replacing it with stock dememsions makea truly custom one, design it to be larger, therefore more air flow, mabe put some big hole in it to increase air flow? i have thought about making a ram air before but never tried it, i was thinking put to big holes in the side and add fin like things to direct the air into the hole

wutsupy321
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
ya i was looking for a after market box but no body i know has one for me to measure it would be pointless for me to make a dimond plated one that would only be for looks so i want a box big enouph to fit a yfz filter to fir in and of coarse it would have that outer wear thing

honda450rider33
08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
so measure the stock yfz box or get a yfz filter and make a box, make it bigger than stock

pb_paulie_b
09-02-2007, 10:06 PM
If your still interested I'll measure the dimentions of my CFM box for you tomorrow. Let me know...PB

wutsupy321
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I did some nice mods to my Blaster,.., Toomey Exhaust,Grabbar and rebuilt it for the first time. sorry if i did not explain what i wanted, i would like the dimensions of a aftermarket box so i can send them to my uncle and he can fab one up for me

pb_paulie_b
11-02-2007, 04:20 PM
PM sent