PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 06 and up question?

bigH
08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
i have a question about the 06,07, and 08 YFZ's. are they that much faster than the 04's? i have ridden a stock 04 and was impressed with the power but it felt a little bit slower then the bone stock 05 450r my buddy had. i am just curious about the new yfz's because they seem to be badass. also the 04 felt kind of stiff. do the newer YFZ's feel more comfortable. lol im asking all these questions because the 08 YFZ's look freaking sick and i wouldn't mind switching to a yamaha if it really is that awesome. im positive a 08 yamaha is faster then the 08 450r since the newer honda's are actually slower then the 05 hondas. also how are the shocks on the newer yfz's?

nicker71
08-23-2007, 03:46 PM
the 06+ are a little faster ( acceleration) than the 04-05 models, I think its because they put out 1 more horsepower than the 04-05 years. They mellowed out the power a little making it easy to get it to the ground.

250r4life
08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by bigH
i have a question about the 06,07, and 08 YFZ's. are they that much faster than the 04's? i have ridden a stock 04 and was impressed with the power but it felt a little bit slower then the bone stock 05 450r my buddy had. i am just curious about the new yfz's because they seem to be badass. also the 04 felt kind of stiff. do the newer YFZ's feel more comfortable. lol im asking all these questions because the 08 YFZ's look freaking sick and i wouldn't mind switching to a yamaha if it really is that awesome. im positive a 08 yamaha is faster then the 08 450r since the newer honda's are actually slower then the 05 hondas. also how are the shocks on the newer yfz's?

they are quite a bit faster than the 04/05s... not only did they increase the cc's by 10 (by stroking it) so that they were a true 450, they gave it a larger capacity radiator, thicker padding in seat , they revised the head design as well as carburetion and ignition timing...

the newer YFZ will walk away from the newer hondas, and will run away from the older hondas... the 06 hondas are quite a bit faster than the 04/05s- not sure where yall got the impression that they are slower...

shocks are great on the YFZ!!!

bigH
08-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
they are quite a bit faster than the 04/05s... not only did they increase the cc's by 10 (by stroking it) so that they were a true 450, they gave it a larger capacity radiator, thicker padding in seat , they revised the head design as well as carburetion and ignition timing...

the newer YFZ will walk away from the newer hondas, and will run away from the older hondas... the 06 hondas are quite a bit faster than the 04/05s- not sure where yall got the impression that they are slower...

shocks are great on the YFZ!!!

thanks 250r you pretty much helped me decide what 450 i am going to move up to.....i dragged my buddies 04 yfz and beat it but it was close plus it was bone stock....that was the only thing that was bothering me....IMO the yfz is the best looking 450 even if i am a honda fan....plus were we ride everyone has a honda 450 and only two yfz's come down so thanks alot.

d kelley
08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
The most important change yamaha made in 06 was to the cylinder head. The 06 ports are actually smaller than the previous years. That head is capable of flowing air so fast, it made the bottom end come alive on the yfz. There are only two mods needed that make this engine become pro level ready, #1, Duncan Racing Exhaust, #2, 13-1 piston, #2, F.C.I.Intake, #2,#35 leak jet with extra capacity acc. pump. #2, jet for sea with level 178 main, yz-f needle, 48 pilot, #2, gear bike at 15-39. before you buy that Yamaha though, you should look at the Can Am. That thing is going to sell a million bikes.

Mc. Muffin
08-23-2007, 09:45 PM
The newer YFZ450s aren't extremely faster than the older models. (2004-2005) but they are a little quicker.

250r4life
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
. before you buy that Yamaha though, you should look at the Can Am. That thing is going to sell a million bikes.

you think so? i doubt it... it is probably the ugliest quad i've ever seen in my life, and i doubt it will be faster than the YFZ...

i'll let you know after Halloween weekend anyhow... im sure i'll get a chance to smoke several... problem is always finding somebody who can actually ride it so i know how to judge it...

HB-Roost
08-24-2007, 01:46 PM
The 06 and up YFZs are considerably faster than the older bikes. IMO the older 450rs and YFZs are pretty close, as are the newer bikes. But the older Hondas and Yamahas alike are slower than the newer models. After riding and racing both, I feel that the Honda is slightly faster and more comfortable, and the YFZ is better looking and handles better.

bigH
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
you think so? i doubt it... it is probably the ugliest quad i've ever seen in my life, and i doubt it will be faster than the YFZ...

i'll let you know after Halloween weekend anyhow... im sure i'll get a chance to smoke several... problem is always finding somebody who can actually ride it so i know how to judge it...

i agree with 250r4life the ds 450 is really ugly....the black looks ight but the yellow is pretty nasty.

bigH
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by HB-Roost
The 06 and up YFZs are considerably faster than the older bikes. IMO the older 450rs and YFZs are pretty close, as are the newer bikes. But the older Hondas and Yamahas alike are slower than the newer models. After riding and racing both, I feel that the Honda is slightly faster and more comfortable, and the YFZ is better looking and handles better.

i think the 450r might be a little bit faster but the YFZ looks so damn cool lol i want a orange one really bad.hopefully i make my damn mind up soon.