PDA

View Full Version : Really bad night

450rRacer22
08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
well tonight i went to get on my ebay account and couldnt sign in. someone had changed my password and did a bunch of crap on my name. they posted up 346 dollars worth of stuff and made a paypal account. i was able to change my password but he changed it back. i changed it back and immediately closed my account. hes got all my info, credit card number, checking account number..everything. i canceled my card number and the bank said that i wont be liable for any of the charges and im going to cancel my checking account tomorrow and getting a new one. this night was just a complete mess and from now on im definitely gonna be more smart about what i put on the internet. just have a quick question for you guys. i know that he has my email address and password and can get into it and do stuff so i closed that. it says that it will close in 120 days so if i want to reactive it i can. well when i go to hotmail.com and put in my email address and password it will come up to a page that says i can reactive it, when this page comes up i know hes not messing with anything cuz he would have reactivated it. do you think i really need to close my email account or no? how much damage can he do knowing my email address and password? should i just leave it closed and check it everyday to see if he has reactivated? is there anything that i can do to just close it right now? your help would be greatly appreciated, this has been the worst night ever.

cr977
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
well tonight i went to get on my ebay account and couldnt sign in. someone had changed my password and did a bunch of crap on my name. they posted up 346 dollars worth of stuff and made a paypal account. i was able to change my password but he changed it back. i changed it back and immediately closed my account. hes got all my info, credit card number, checking account number..everything. i canceled my card number and the bank said that i wont be liable for any of the charges and im going to cancel my checking account tomorrow and getting a new one. this night was just a complete mess and from now on im definitely gonna be more smart about what i put on the internet. just have a quick question for you guys. i know that he has my email address and password and can get into it and do stuff so i closed that. it says that it will close in 120 days so if i want to reactive it i can. well when i go to hotmail.com and put in my email address and password it will come up to a page that says i can reactive it, when this page comes up i know hes not messing with anything cuz he would have reactivated it. do you think i really need to close my email account or no? how much damage can he do knowing my email address and password? should i just leave it closed and check it everyday to see if he has reactivated? is there anything that i can do to just close it right now? your help would be greatly appreciated, this has been the worst night ever.

it could have been way worse, consider yourself lucky, it sucks he stole your identity but you are lucky he did not even charge 400$ worth of stuff, he could have bought a new truck, and a new quad, then took off.

pro-rider46
08-22-2007, 09:34 PM
diffenitly get a new address. get immediately with yahoo or msn or anywhere judt get a new address

450rRacer22
08-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
diffenitly get a new address. get immediately with yahoo or msn or anywhere judt get a new address
well i have already made a new address through hotmail, but he could still reactivate my other one. does anyone know any way of closing your count immediately with hotmail and not have to wait 120 days? i really appreciate the help and yeah i am pretty lucky. i talked with the bank and they said no matter what i wont be liable for any of the charges so that made me feel a lot better thats for sure.

pro-rider46
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
you should call hotmail, surely they can help

450rRacer22
08-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
you should call hotmail, surely they can help
i never thought of that. i was just looking around for a number to call but i dont see one. could someone else check and see if they can find a number? thanks

Ghost-Rider
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
That suck man, i would definitely call hotmail and whoever else is running the accounts you want closed, if its identity theft i'm sure they will help you.

gncc025
08-22-2007, 10:26 PM
check this link and look at the bottom of the page. may not be what ur looking for but id give it a shot.
http://lc1.law13.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp

450rRacer22
08-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by gncc025
check this link and look at the bottom of the page. may not be what ur looking for but id give it a shot.
http://lc1.law13.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp
hey thanks for the link man. im gonna try calling that number tomorrow and see what they say. thanks for all your help guys

gncc025
08-22-2007, 11:58 PM
no problem man.