PDA

View Full Version : any other axle bearings work?

04blasterkid
08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
i went to the gas station today, on the way there i notice like the backend moving and stuff, so i filled up headed home and stopped to check it out and my bearing is gone, axle flops around, so i had to put home hoping to cause no damage, do u guys know if napa would have 2 of these bearings? i need them by monday:o, would this also make it feel like the clutch is slipping? cause when i got into 5th gear like this and punched it, my motor was bog-less bog- starting to tack- then wham tacked right out kindaa like i pulled the clutch in

86250rrider
08-23-2007, 12:39 AM
you might be able to match them up. the slipping clutch is a slipping clutch. remember your post before about metal. did you file down the basket ? dude... if you dont maintain a bike or buy one not maintained it can turn into a pos fast. dismissed

86 Quad R
08-23-2007, 07:26 AM
do you have a double row carrier or a stock single row? either way..... tear down the carrier and take the better bearing to napa. they should have them to match.

Originally posted by 86250rrider
the slipping clutch is a slipping clutch. remember your post before about metal.

did that one get deleated or something? i replied to my email subscription to it and it was no longer there. :confused:

04blasterkid
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
i removed it because it seemed to be getting out of hand, and there is no need for that..

iv changed the oil 4 times sence iv had it, new arm bushings, cleaned the carb and air filther... etc..

i never on my blaster had to touch the clutch.. so i have no clue what im doing haha.. i might just leave it for right now and save money fora shop to do it

86 Quad R
08-23-2007, 09:48 AM
wasnt it established that you potentially had grooves either in the basket or inner hub or both?

and a qwik way to find out is to remove the cover, the 5 bolts and springs that hold in the pressure, then the clutches and plates. the grooves will present themselves, if present.

what happens is that the grooves actually hold either the clutch plate and/or the frictions. when this occurs the essembly is prevented from sliding freely. this can happen either when applying the clutch or releasing it. over time this can wear the fibers and plates and the inner hub mating surface aswell as the mating surface of the pressure plate. in a nut shell if allowed to go for extended an period, will actually wear the whole aseembly. not to mention make it aggrevating to ride.

fireburns99
08-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 04blasterkid
i removed it because it seemed to be getting out of hand, and there is no need for that..

iv changed the oil 4 times sence iv had it, new arm bushings, cleaned the carb and air filther... etc..

i never on my blaster had to touch the clutch.. so i have no clue what im doing haha.. i might just leave it for right now and save money fora shop to do it

Dude the clutch is easy. PM 86 Quad about a manual, he may be able to help you out with it. Its really not hard. A shop charges so much for labor, that you could use that money to buy some other stuff you could use.

If you don't fix it right, you're just going to keep having more problems. These quads do require some extra maitenance, so if you aren't willing to do it, maybe you should look into trying to pick up a 400ex, or another blaster. I'm not trying to criticize, i'm just saying.

86250rrider
08-23-2007, 10:07 AM
i also have factory manuals for sale. one 86,and the other 86-87.if interested let me know.the honda ones are better than clymer and haynes.the torque values are there where you need them,not in table 1 in the end of the chapter.LOL :D

04blasterkid
08-23-2007, 10:10 AM
the blaster was way to slow/small not gona take that road again, im gona try to get a ex this monday, but im trying to fix what i can for the kid, or myself if he dont trade

ps: how do i get the axle off? does it slide out of the right or left side of the carrier? i can get the axle nuts off, its nothing like yamahas

86 Quad R
08-23-2007, 10:10 AM
you have a pm 04blasterdood
:devil: