PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale's Quads

BrianEX
10-29-2001, 08:45 PM
Holy crap. Did any of you get the new ATV Sport Mag yet? It has all the details for the four Cannondale Quads:
Cannibal 440 (Sport Machine) = $6,995
Speed 440 (Bourderline Race Ready) = $7,995
Blaze 440 (GNCC Race Machine) = $10,450
Moto 440 (MX Race Machine) = $12,450

Is it just me or would it be cheaper to build a 400EX into a better racer than what they want for those? Not to mention a 250R?

I think they need to double check their figures, there must be a couple extra grand in those prices.

:huh

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 08:52 AM
is building it to your specifications-
gettin' out in the shed and turnin a few bolts take off this put on this- --
don't get me wrong here i'm sure their nice butt...
that seems to me that the new cannondale's the gncc-and the mx. ready- are for those rich moma's boys who want it ready out of the box and can afford to beat a 12.000$ quad into the dirt
i'm happy with mine- it's not the best but it's mine and everything on it i put there or took off-

knighttime
10-30-2001, 09:06 AM
Those new Cannondales take all the creativity and fun out of owning a quad.

Tommy 17
10-30-2001, 01:18 PM
did any of u see the new cannodales they are sweet. i would rather have a completly mod 250r wit some sort of chassis and stuff. i like the idea on the can. that u can chop ur plastic by just takin off a few bolts then if ur in mud screw them back on. it a good idea i think.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 01:48 PM
add on front fenders- you can order them for just about any make sport quad

10-30-2001, 03:19 PM
The woods- and mx-racing version Cannondales aren't intended for weekend warriors like most of us, but they make good sense to someone who is a top-notch racer. It would be easy to spend their equivalent and still be uncompetitive.

Yeah, even the cheap ones are pretty expensive, but they are works of art (except for the plastic).

01TRX300EX
11-02-2001, 06:41 PM
From what I hear it takes around $20,000 to have a competitive, not to mention the up keep on it. To me these quads sound like good deals. And I wouldn't mind having that Blaze (or the new Suzuki).:D

stocktires
11-02-2001, 08:41 PM
Well ive been studying ever since they came out and i believe there an awesome deal, those a-arms arent like stock, there about the same quality as LSR or LEAGER and so is the swingarms. Those shocks are really nice shocks (i have em on my R) about $900 front $800 rear. with thealuminum frame, EFI, and cassette tranny there a badass bike. there as fast as the raptor but with FRICKEN AWESOME throttle response and the hightest top speed out of ANY quad!!! personally i really like the plastic, but plastic has almost nothing to do with the performance (except wind-resistance) and i cut em off anyway! I'm gonna race my R for a year and get a 2003 cannibal cuz it'll take me abut 4 years to get $12,000 for the moto400 (dream quad). And i want axis shocks, walsh racecraft chassis, and all the top of the line stuff cuz i plan on goin pro with this quad. But believe me the C-dale will slaughter a 400. The C-dale has a completly new steering and handle a little better than a 400 (talking about the base quad, the cannibal) cuz they have ohlins stock shocks that are awesome. they come with holeshots and these are hightech S.O.B. quads compared to out EX's & R's!!!

11-03-2001, 07:08 AM
I do hope you mean a STOCK 400EX. Everything has a price and performance is no different. I think you all know that for the price of those bikes you can make your 400 a monster as well, AND you will still have a Honda.:) Personally I think that the C'Dales are EXTREMELY ugly. However, I am quite interested in the fuel injection.

Nausty
11-03-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 400ex21
did any of u see the new cannodales they are sweet. i would rather have a completly mod 250r wit some sort of chassis and stuff. i like the idea on the can. that u can chop ur plastic by just takin off a few bolts then if ur in mud screw them back on. it a good idea i think.

Yes but if you had a fully decked out 250r it would cost you about 18,000 dollars or more. Then I kind of like the cannondale cannible because you arn' paying for all the stuff that you might want to get for yourself like shocks, bars, wheels, nerfs? (might have them) a-arms or swing arm and all the other stuff.

11-03-2001, 06:30 PM
I think that it would be worth it to me to get one that is race ready because I have to goto school and then goto work and the only time I'd have to work on it would be on the weekends and I'd want to be out riding, I just need the money.