PDA

View Full Version : some engine questions

jetski_dawg
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
ok.. has anyone have had any trouble installing the crank seal on the RH side(small case)?? i got one from eton and the case seems to be beveled too much and the seal pops out easily and wont seat... also does anyone know how to tell the differance between the 42mm,45mm and 48mm crank?/.. how is it measured??..thanks

BradLoomis
08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
there is a little bracket on the predators that holds the seal in place by a single bolt behind the stator. If the E-ton doesn't have one... it would be easy to build and install one.

To tell the stroke without having to tear the motor down is tough, but can be done. Remove the spark plug and insert a standard drinking straw into the plug hole and find the top of the piston. Rotate the flywheel until the piston is at bottom dead center. Trying to keep the straw as square as possible to the head, mark the edge of the head onto the straw with a permanent marker. Now rotate the flywheel again to get the piston to top dead center and mark the straw again. If you need to bend the straw slightly around the steering stem, that is fine. Just make sure the straw in the cylinder is as square as you can get it and mark the straw again. Remove the straw and measure in between the two lines for your crank rod stroke.
42mm = 1.6535 or 1 5/8"
45mm = 1.7717 or 1 3/4"
48mm = 1.8898 or 1 7/8"

etondaddy
08-23-2007, 06:07 AM
I can't seem to get the E-Ton site to work right but go to Viper-90 sec. 05. Crankcase, Cover & oil pump they’re number 23, 24 (bracket & bolt). This happens to me sometime when I click on select a model I get nothing. But I did a search and that’s the closest I can get sorry no part numbers now, I'll keep trying.

http://www.etonamerica.com/part_catalog/index9.asp?cartID=6184

http://www.etonamerica.biz/eton_parts_app/parts_drawings/R-05-9.jpg

Mike Kozura

etondaddy
08-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I got it to work......I need a life !!!!!!

5-23 650169 Retainer Plate
5-24 650170 Pan head bolt (M6x12)

BradLoomis
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
I got it to work......I need a life !!!!!!

Now that's funny right there! But I know exactly how feel. Sometimes/most of the times... it's just the little things that make me smile!!!

jetski_dawg
08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks!! ok..i remember that part being in the basket now.. and ill use your method on checking the stroke...i hope to get this basket case back together..thanks again for all your help