PDA

View Full Version : 450r houser max ground clearance a arms

ryanowarrior
08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
got a set of these a arms for sale in the honda parts forums!!! can email pics if anyone is interested! gonna get some SMC arms!!

hendershot106
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
are u sure u didnt hit your head on anything when you where riding last????????????? why would anyone sell a more expensive better quality a arms to buy smc a arms???????

ryanowarrior
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
cause i can i guess!!! nah just wanted to try something different!! dunno might not even sell anyways so...

hendershot106
08-22-2007, 01:35 PM
if u r in the mood to sell something--- sell ur carbon fiber exhaust before it cracks and your ***** out of luck-----

ryanowarrior
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM
well i might just do that!!! who knows!!! thanks for the information!!! its workin pretty good though!!!

hendershot106
08-22-2007, 01:59 PM
if u have more than 15 hrs on it you are sposed to repack it-- that info is straight from white bros---- and dont bother calling to see if they warranty anything because they warranty is pretty much non existent kinda like there research and development on designing useful carbon fiber shells----- and sparks or hmf will have much more bottom end to go along with that mid and up!!--

ryanowarrior
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
actually i got a guy that wants to buy it now,honestly the pipe dont have to many hours over that on it!!! so i was plannin on selling it to him i wanted to try out a Rossier setup!!! but on the a arms i was wantin to switch to longer a arms!!! without having to buy different shocks and smc offers lt arms like +2 and still uses the 18.5 lengh shock!! thats the only reason why i reckon!!

pudamac12
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
and the arms are not inferior to the houser products. And the warranty is better. Your just not paying for a big name.

mx1791
08-22-2007, 05:45 PM
ive seen houser slicast LT and smc LT next to each other and i deff think houser is better quality. the housers where thicker, had more support, and built in balljoints. i have nothing against smc or anything, and they do have a better warranty, but thats just my opinion..

GIXXER1KR
08-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Beat the ***kkkkking chit outta these and no problems at all.Can it get any better??????:confused:Who cares about a well known name.I love em and will keep em till they erode!:) Worse case scenario they break and i call Steve the builder,not some knit wit secretary thats never even rode a quad(hahahah:blah: ),and he replaces it.Or i gotta get new ball joints and bushings due to normal wear and tear!!!!!:devil:

pudamac12
08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
ive seen houser slicast LT and smc LT next to each other and i deff think houser is better quality. the housers where thicker, had more support, and built in balljoints. i have nothing against smc or anything, and they do have a better warranty, but thats just my opinion..

ok please explain how they had more support. They both have the same size wall thickness on the arms. And the houser balljoints are removable just like all other aftermarket brands.

mx1791
08-22-2007, 08:27 PM
yes i know they are removable, im talking about the way they are attached to the a arm, and they have a rod going though the upper and lower a arm, it may not do much but its there.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/cbasil_2006/043909hr.jpg
and like i said i have nothing against smc, it just MY opinion on what i think is better

ohioEX
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Just because I can, here's some info.

ALL of the employees of Houser Racing who work in the offices have been on and know how to ride sport quads. I don't care who you talk to, they are involved with ATVs, it's their business. Houser Racing doesn't have a "Huge Name" like some of the west coast companies, so pricing is more for the well engineered parts you get. We will stand behind our products, but understand if you hit a tree at 50 and waste an A-arm or ghost ride a quad off a jump and tweek a swing arm, it might not be covered. There is a certin amount of user responsibility when you participate in our sport. How many people call a tire company when you puncture a tire on the trail and expect a new tire to be sent? Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, but spouting off comments that you have no clue on is pretty childish. Thats just my opinion though.

Thanks, Mark

pudamac12
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
that is a very good point. However Steve at Smc will fix people's arms if at all possible. A friend of mine with his arms nailed a tree and bent one up and steve took it back and fixed it with no questions asked. He backs up his warranty.