PDA

View Full Version : New T-4 Quiet Core Almost ready!!!!

400exNH
10-28-2002, 12:51 PM
If anyone is interested I just got off the phone with Pro-circuit and they told me that their new quiet core design for the T-4 is almost complete. They price at $29.95 and should be ready for shipment in a couple of weeks. I asked about decibel level's and jetting changes and the guy I spoke to didn't have any of that info yet.

KP's lil'300
10-28-2002, 05:32 PM
is it a whole new design, cause the old ones made a t-4 sound like crap. jmot KP

Team Outlaw #34
10-28-2002, 05:35 PM
yeah hopfully it is a whole new design because i have the old one and it is a piece of crap.....I coulda made a better one.....its just a washer welded to the spark arester lol................

400exNH
10-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Yes they said they had alot of complaints about the old one. Yes a brand new design that is what they said...

KP's lil'300
10-28-2002, 07:12 PM
i may have to get one of the new ones, if they ARE any better. KP

Leo
10-29-2002, 05:28 AM
I hope they are better than the old style..

welding a washer into the spark arrester was a pretty crappy setup.. lol..

Leo

Braff1
10-29-2002, 05:56 AM
The T-4 quiet core is a piece of crapola. It robbed all the power gain you got from the pipe and even took a little extra with it. Compare to my T=4 with a quiet core I got more power from my stock silencer.

Will PC give me credit toward their new quiet core if I mail the old one to them? :confused: Doubt it!

400exInMI
10-29-2002, 06:54 PM
good thing this site is around. i was just about to buy one from Rockymountain ATV. Thanks guys!

timewass
10-30-2002, 02:32 PM
Hopefully it sounds better and has power still after installing it. I was very disappointed with the old one I got. Talk about a waste of $30.

Ex'r Marlin
10-30-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
The T-4 quiet core is a piece of crapola. It robbed all the power gain you got from the pipe and even took a little extra with it. Compare to my T=4 with a quiet core I got more power from my stock silencer.Yeah, I see this even with the Yoshimora exhaust. With the quiet baffle in... Worse than stock performance, and Louder than stock!:rolleyes: I sure hope some company can come up with an improvement over stock, but still quiet. Let's hope Pro Circuit comes through on this!

400exNH
10-30-2002, 05:46 PM
A few months ago I called Pro Circuit and asked about the poor design on their quiet core and the fact that is sounded very bad. They told me they had alot of complaints about this and were in process of re-designing a new model. I asked them if I could if I could exchange it for a different size end cap for my T-4 and they said sure no problem.
Next week I'm going to follow up with PC and see if that new quiet core is ready.... I too am curious