PDA

View Full Version : Flats...

trueblue450
10-29-2001, 08:43 PM
Well, this weekend I discovered I have two (or more) leaks in my tires. I have a Front right, and a left rear leaking slowly. I have a tire plug kit, but should I just get it patched at a tire shop. Just wonder the price vs. reliability.

crday98
10-29-2001, 11:07 PM
if you can't plug them,i would recommend putting tube in them.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 10:13 AM
I HAD A REAR TIRE PLUGGED ON THE TOP CENTER-
RODE GOOD ALL DAY- THE I SAW A GOOD JUMP AT THE LAST MINUTE AND GOT DOWN ON IT AND SPUNN THE TIRES FOR A GOOD WAYS- WHEN I LANDED OFF THE JUMP I WAS SITTING
ON A FLAT AGAIN-
ME AND A FREIND- 400EX STOCK TIRE'S- GOT OURS PLUGGED AT THE SAME TIME- HE RODE FROM MY HOUSE ABOUT A 2 MILES INTO THE TRAIL AND HE WAS SITTING ON A FLAT-
HIS WAS ON TOP BUT ON THE SIDE A LITTLE-

SO SUGGEST GETTING SOME NEW TIRES- $5.00 ISN'T MUCH TO GET A PLUG BUT WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN LAST A DAY IS MORE TROUBLE THAN IT'S WORTH- BUY TIRES
WELL WAIT- BUY A NEW REAR TIRE AND YOU COULD PROBABLY PLUGG THE FRONT- IT DOESN'T DO MUCH YA' KNOW- BUT THOSE REARS ARE SPINNIN' AND SLIDIN' ALOT- POPS EM RIGHT OUT-

CranMan
10-30-2001, 12:38 PM
Just because your tire goes flat doesnt mean you have a hole in it. Check the valve stem first. Next check the bead on both sides. I found a rear tire that had some dirt stuck in the bead and was leaking down fast. I was able to pry the tire out a little and clean out the dirt and it's fine now. Any leaking tire should be soaked with soapy water to pinpoint the leak. That's the easiest way to figure out what you need to do.

kc 300EX
10-30-2001, 01:16 PM
dude, my stock tires must have had 40 plugs in them, never had one come oute, plugs work good on small holes, but once the holes egt to big, I suggest patching it from the inside and getting a tube..............also, if its a slow leak, like by the bead, try fix-a-flat or slime