PDA

View Full Version : 03 KFX chain question

Naptime
08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
so i have heard on the kfxs people stripping the chain adjusters out. i bought mine used and noticed no chain adjuster so i but the nut and screw. i went to put it on and noticed that the top left bolt(looking from the back)had washers stacked on top of each other.?? i was confused and didnt change it over yet. think its stripped? if it is what do i do then? i have the chain adjuster already from kawasaki. any help is appreciated.

cataway
08-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Naptime
so i have heard on the kfxs people stripping the chain adjusters out. i bought mine used and noticed no chain adjuster so i but the nut and screw. i went to put it on and noticed that the top left bolt(looking from the back)had washers stacked on top of each other.?? i was confused and didnt change it over yet. think its stripped? if it is what do i do then? i have the chain adjuster already from kawasaki. any help is appreciated. sorry confused ,striping the chain adjuster? how does that happen ? i broke one of the bolts off or should i say i twisted
one off when i was tiring to get the axle off is that what you mean?
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/cataway/3-28-2007LS298.jpg

Naptime
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
that screw you have posted is what i just bought and is what was missing. but the washers are stacked up on the top left nut on the casing above axle. So what im wondering is if this was just ghetto rigged to make do or what. cuz i have the chain adjuster screw. its just ive never tinkered with adjusting the chain ir axle.

cataway
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
well it sounds like it was replaced with one that was a little long.
use some never seizes on the threades ,grease will just atract dirt