PDA

View Full Version : a real backwards wheelie.. reverse that is

2k7z400
08-21-2007, 06:55 PM
can any body out there do an actual reverse wheelie? for those of you who have reverse that is. but yea like i mean be going in reverse slam the back brakes then ride a wheelie backwards..literally. ive been trying to get it. its pretty hard. if anybody has how bout a vid. i just think it would be pretty impressive.

honda300EXtreme
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
my buddy has a brute force 650 and he just puts it in reverse and smashed the gas and he can ride one for a good while,,, i have to admit its pretty impressive...

jokester
08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
how would this even be prossible:huh since on a normal wheelie the direction that the tires are spinning causes the front end to go up, but if you reverse the direction wouldn't it just make the front end go down. I can see maybe hitting the brakes while going backwards and getting it to pop up, but as soon as you get on the gas the front end should be pushing down towards the ground. so if anyone actually does have a vid of this being done please post it up, otherwise I call BS on this:devil:

honda300EXtreme
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
a reverse wheelie, is when you put the quad in reverse smash the gas, then the rear end comes up..

hence the name reverse wheelie

Kaleigh
08-28-2007, 07:03 PM
here you go jokester.. ENJOY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYbgHonopE

I come i cant embed vids anymore?

2k7z400
08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
yea i would like to see it. i know it would be hard. and you prolly couldn't ride it long if you did get it. you just have to put in reverse go as fast as you can and slam the back brakes. bring up the front end high enough to go past the balance point and ride it backwards like that using the gas to bring it down and brakes to bring it up. so its complete oppostive of a reg slow wheelie. easiest to bring up on the road. i cant get it up high enough to go past the balance point. maybe when i get a new revbox and eleminate the reverse revvy i may can do it easier lol.

banshee84
08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Kaleigh

I come i cant embed vids anymore?

nice, that was impressive

trx400EXtreme
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh

I come i cant embed vids anymore? thats fricken crazy:eek2:

RaptorLover
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
The wheelie you guys are talking about , can only be achieved on a 4x4 quad if wanted to be done properly...

welchracing33
10-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by 2k7z400
can any body out there do an actual reverse wheelie? for those of you who have reverse that is. but yea like i mean be going in reverse slam the back brakes then ride a wheelie backwards..literally. ive been trying to get it. its pretty hard. if anybody has how bout a vid. i just think it would be pretty impressive.

I see most people misunderstood your question. The answer is yes it can be done. Just take a lot of practice and some really nice clutch control. However since you brought it up. Its something Im gonna have to try. Ill get some video. (ecspecially of me crashing this the first few trys lol)

the fat kid
10-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by RaptorLover
The wheelie you guys are talking about , can only be achieved on a 4x4 quad if wanted to be done properly...

exactly, basically like wanting a honda or any fwd car at the track to wheelie, no amount of brakes is gonna help that cause the direction your moving if you hit the brakes itd just want to keep it on the ground more, unless you mean still getting the front end up just doing it in reverse so that it a regualr wheelie but traveling backwards.

ExtremeAcres
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
It IS Do Able (for all of You Naysayers )

too bad the "french" had to do it first

this guy ...says it's not really that hard...

http://stuntquad.free.fr/stuntquad%20wheeling%20arriere.wmv

I've done it for a few feet ...It'll take practice just like anything.(I hope to be doing them endlessly by the end of the year ).... The real **** ....would be to be able to do a reverse wheelie...then come to a stall...balanced on the rear wheels still... and shift into first ...and dip fwd into a fwd wheelie .....making a full direction change.... That will be " the new hotness" ...get to practicin' boys :D

and it's a bummer how so many people post up on this site ...do not know what they are talking about ...but act like they do... that's why I hardly ever come to this forum...
:grr:

2tonept
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfWUXsbr7w&feature=user

around 1:15 in the vid. took me a bit but it's actually being played backwards. you can see a guy on a dirtbike in the background going backwards. anyways, that would be nice if one could be done that long.

and i stumbled across this video when i was messing around. read some of the comments. :0) gheto

ExtremeAcres
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 2tonept
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfWUXsbr7w&feature=user

around 1:15 in the vid. took me a bit but it's actually being played backwards. you can see a guy on a dirtbike in the background going backwards. anyways, that would be nice if one could be done that long.

and i stumbled across this video when i was messing around. read some of the comments. :0) gheto

this is exactly what I was just talking about ^^^

are you inferring that the video I just posted of the guy doing a backwards wheelie is fake ? or run in reverse ?? all you have to do is notice the 50 or more cars in the video (in the background) ALL travelling the correct direction :rolleyes:

as for the video you posted ....It is Stupid ...it's already been posted on every forum there is .... and they suck at stuntin...and the comments are all a bunch of racists ...and ghetto is spelled with 2 t's ... genius :grr:

2tonept
01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
damn, man. chill the hell out. if you read and notice the time in referance to the youtube video you'll see i was commenting on the youtube video being ran backwards. its obvious in the other vid that he's actually doing this. man, i make one post and already getting flamed. i see how it is over here.

oh did i spell all my words correctly? also note the time of my previous post. 2:30 in the morning after a long night of drinking. so i spelled ghetto wrong. :rolleyes:

ExtremeAcres
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
hehe...sorry man .... I thought you were trying to take away credit for that dudes skills...

I mistook your post ....

and this place isnt like that at all... I just never come here cause of all the little kids postin BS .... and I mistook you for one of them and lashed out

Once again sorry :rolleyes:

2tonept
01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeAcres
hehe...sorry man .... I thought you were trying to take away credit for that dudes skills...

I mistook your post ....

and this place isnt like that at all... I just never come here cause of all the little kids postin BS .... and I mistook you for one of them and lashed out

Once again sorry :rolleyes:

right on. thanks. i think it's impressive as hell what that guy was doing, on your vid. i've tried and not come close. take it easy.

That400exGuy
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeAcres

http://stuntquad.free.fr/stuntquad%20wheeling%20arriere.wmv

[/B]

Thanks a pretty sweet front bumper grab bar thing

NacsMXer
02-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 2k7z400

It can be done on a rwd sport quad....pretty cool I must say :devil:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQtSXM1p_6M&feature=related

krt400ex
09-21-2008, 12:16 PM
well i dont do em quite like you described, but i like to throw it in reverse and slam the rear brake on to bring the front end up...then quick shift into first and start to walk it forward nice and slow...they are fun as hell.

dwb_style
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
looks like the guy in the vid had his rear brakes on a hand lever. would really make it a lot eaiser getting the front end up when in reverse. and also allows more weight on the back when both feet are on grab bar.